• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Change sound & default behavior when USB connected?

jeffdlb

Android Enthusiast
Nov 10, 2009
Maryland, USA
When I connect my Photon via USB to my laptop, the default behavior is to mount the SD card, and a notification sound plays. I would like to change the default to charge only (as on the Evo) and turn off the annoying sound. I unchecked SD Card Notifications in Sound Settings, but this did not actually stop the sound. Any way to change these two behaviors?

When I connect my Photon via USB to my laptop, the default behavior is to mount the SD card, and a notification sound plays. I would like to change the default to charge only (as on the Evo) and turn off the annoying sound. I unchecked SD Card Notifications in Sound Settings, but this did not actually stop the sound. Any way to change these two behaviors?

I don't know if there's a way to turn off the connection sound, when connecting via USB, but I do know you can change the default selection.

When you connect the phone via USB, pull down the notification bar, select Charge only, and disconnect the phone. From what I recall, the MoPho remembers the last action that you chose prior to disconnecting the phone from the USB.

If that doesn't work, there should be a way to delete the cache for selection (but can't remember off the top of my head), so you can go back and select charge only as the default.

Upvote 0
My phone use to ask mean when I connected my phone to my computer if I want , charge or to connect a couple other ways nowigdoesnt, give, options it only charges. How doI fix this.

It usually saves a default, once you choose for the first time. Just pull down the notification menu, click on USB, and it'll give you the selection window.

Upvote 0
I do not get a notification menu anymore either.

Any suggestions:thinking:

Can you take a screenshot, with the notification bar pulled down (while the phone is connected to the PC)?

If you don't know how to do that, download screen grabber:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sMSwxLDMsImNvbS5taW5kcGhhemUuc2NyZWVuZ3JhYiJd

After you download that, launch screen grabber and adjust the settings so that it can be used on a non-rooted phone (unless you're rooted).

Then take a screen shot with the notification bar pulled down. If you don't have a notification bar at all, not sure what is going on with your phone, unless of course you've rooted the phone and somehow deleted the notification bar completely.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones