• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

charging to full battery now takes forever

donmeca2020

Dec 17, 2010
Hollywood, Florida
So now i notice after about a year of ownership of a note 8, it APPEARS that there is a charging issue with it. for some reason it reminds me of similar issues i had with my note 4 prior to to purchasing the 8. I first noticed as of a few days ago, that i plugged the 8 into it's charger prior to going to bed. i awoke in the morning expecting the phone to be fully charged and it was not. fast forward as of now i awoke again this morning and my power level was only at 50%.... i also noticed fully charging the phone seemed as though it took close to 8 or so hours....

so really what gives ? is the note 8 experiencing the usual bad battery problem most samsung phones get after awhile? or could it be my charger is starting to take a crap on me? has anyone just started to encounter this ?

this just disappoints me if the phone is already going bad after almost a year.

any info would greatly help thanks guys !

ive had the note 8 since launch. battery charges to full 100%. there is actually nothing wrong with the device and it has met my expectations for the year ive had it.

batteries do wear down so you may be experiencing that. frequent discharges to a low percentage of battery will damage the battery over time.

without knowing your usage data of your phone, its going to be difficult for anyone over the internet to tell you anything concrete.

you could have a faulty charger, cable, or both. just depends...

Reactions: Duckster
Upvote 0
ive had the note 8 since launch. battery charges to full 100%. there is actually nothing wrong with the device and it has met my expectations for the year ive had it.

batteries do wear down so you may be experiencing that. frequent discharges to a low percentage of battery will damage the battery over time.

without knowing your usage data of your phone, its going to be difficult for anyone over the internet to tell you anything concrete.

you could have a faulty charger, cable, or both. just depends...

don't get me wrong it WILL charge. just now it seems like it'll take somewhere between 8 hours or more to get a full 100%. yea i am constantly on the phone from morning til i i go to work in the afternoon. just it's giving me this vibe similar to the note 4. the only difference is we can't pop the battey out of these phones.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
EXACTLY what Nourhany1 said. I caught it telling me (flashed on the screen that I had a slow charge) to use a different charger. Instead, I switched cables and now I'm back to normal. Very fast charges and no other issues. You may have to try more than one cable. If that doesn't work, switch chargers or try to plug directly to a USB port (with a different cable) somewhere else and see if that makes any difference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones