• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ChatGPT anyone try it?

olbriar

My son was telling me about ChatGPT. I checked it out briefly tonight. Here is what Google has on it:
ChatGPT is a chatbot developed by OpenAI and launched in November 2022. It is built on top of OpenAI's GPT-3 family of large language models and has been fine-tuned using both supervised and reinforcement learning techniques. Wikipedia
Initial release date: November 30, 2022
I interacted via text not having a mic on my PC. I understand the verbal interaction is interesting. I was curious if anyone has given it a try and their impression.

I've used it pretty extensively. It can be a really powerful productivity tool!

For example, I used it to summarize a news article about the Oppo Find N2 which I posted in our tech news section: https://androidforums.com/threads/oppo-find-n2-reviews.1346481/

And I also used OpenAI to build my own website called Quickapedia:

The idea is that it is like a mix between Google and Wikipedia, giving you quick and accurate answers to your questions. I figured rather than Googling things and giving Alphabet all my data, why not build my own little resource of content from my queries?

It has some bugs but 100% of the code was written by ChatGPT. I asked it how to create a WordPress plugin, told it what I wanted to accomplish, and kept prodding it until I got something that worked!

The hype about its evil personality and secretly wanting to escape is so dumb: a bunch of clickbait journalists manufacturing the story rather than reporting it. The technology isn't perfect... after all, it is based on millions of pieces of human written content, which obviously has errors. ChatGPT simply uses that database of content as the example, and based on what you tell it, tries to predict what might come next of the text already existed.

FAIL!!

This is NOT Chinese censoring, this is the OpenAI/chatGPS service denying access.

fail.jpg

Last edited:
I've used it pretty extensively. It can be a really powerful productivity tool!

For example, I used it to summarize a news article about the Oppo Find N2 which I posted in our tech news section: Oppo Find N2 Reviews

And I also used OpenAI to build my own website called Quickapedia:

The idea is that it is like a mix between Google and Wikipedia, giving you quick and accurate answers to your questions. I figured rather than Googling things and giving Alphabet all my data, why not build my own little resource of content from my queries?

It has some bugs but 100% of the code was written by ChatGPT. I asked it how to create a WordPress plugin, told it what I wanted to accomplish, and kept prodding it until I got something that worked!

The hype about its evil personality and secretly wanting to escape is so dumb: a bunch of clickbait journalists manufacturing the story rather than reporting it. The technology isn't perfect... after all, it is based on millions of pieces of human written content, which obviously has errors. ChatGPT simply uses that database of content as the example, and based on what you tell it, tries to predict what might come next of the text already existed.

FYI I did try your webiste, but keep getting this error warning.
error.jpg

I'm using Astrill VPN, or your site won't load at all. Browser is Firefox on Mac.

I spent my chat session asking how to do this and that on my phone. The answers were far better worded than my help posts. I can see how it might impact the education system. It will be interesting to see where AI takes the human race. I read somewhere, though a free service now, the speculated cost will be $20 a month. I didn't have a spare Jackson when I was going to college. :)

FYI I did try your webiste, but keep getting this error warning.
View attachment 165566

I'm using Astrill VPN, or your site won't load at all. Browser is Firefox on Mac.
Yeah, I've been asking ChatGPT how to fix it but it keeps sending me in circles lol... need to find some time to work on that at some point but it's more of a random fun thing than anything else.

me:
tell me a story about androidforums.com

chatGPT:
Once upon a time, there was a website called androidforums.com that was created by a group of passionate Android enthusiasts. They wanted to create a space where people could come together to share their knowledge, experiences, and opinions about Android devices and apps.
The website quickly became popular, and many users from all around the world joined the community. They shared tips and tricks for getting the most out of their Android devices, reviewed the latest apps and smartphones, and helped each other troubleshoot any issues they encountered.
As the community grew, the website evolved too. The moderators and administrators worked hard to improve the site's user experience, adding new features and functionalities to make it easier for users to find what they were looking for. They also established strict rules and guidelines to ensure that the community remained respectful and helpful to all members.
Androidforums.com became not just a website, but a community of people who shared a common passion for Android. They formed bonds and friendships that extended beyond the website, and even met up in real life to attend Android-related events and conferences.
Over time, androidforums.com continued to thrive and remained a go-to destination for anyone looking to learn more about Android. And so, the story of androidforums.com became a testament to the power of community and the importance of passion and dedication in building something great

the story of androidforums.com became a testament to the power of community and the importance of passion and dedication in building something great
Didn't think my heart would grow heavy when I started reading your post... but WOW. That's actually really, really sweet. And accurate.
Love It Hearts GIF by O2

I think the fear over that had a lot to do with the infamous Microsoft chat bot Tay a few years ago:

Back
Top Bottom