• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cheap Optimus M

joneidy

Android Enthusiast
Hello guys,

I`m looking for a cheap Optimus M device, I have been motivated to resume development for this device.

If any of you know about any cheap devices let me know.
ICS can be a possibility.

Thanks for your help guys

Good luck. I've been watching Ebay for 'em, and haven't seen 'em go for less than $50. I'd like to get a couple of them that I can give to my kids for use as mp3 players, wifi only devices, etc. not at $50 each though.

Joneidy, I have one which has a zeroed out MEID, I believe this happened somehow when the phone was returned to stock from root.

It's the phone addictedhacks on here spoke to you of, he had worked on it.

I had talked to you via pm about donating it to you at no charge as a thanks for all the help you've been for everyone. However, once you've finished working with it, would it be possible to let me have it back?

I would just say screw it and let you keep it but I want to gift it to my cousin, she has a rinky-dink metro feature phone and will probably never be able to afford a nice phone.

Fixing an meid isn't hard

joneidy, take/accept a phone already! Lol, ICS will be amazing on this phone!!

ICS would be nice! Can only imagine where it would go from there.

I myself have a few Optimus M's, 2 working and one that boots into safe mode (haven't messed with it much but plan/planned on it).

I actually recently had a phone given to me when a friend got her s3!:-)

She gave me her nearly brand new in box Samsung Transform Ultra, I'm not a fan of the slide out QWERTY keypads (rocking full touch since 2007ish) but it is pretty nice. Boost Mobile carrier and the speed is much better then my metro speeds were (rooted/not, throttle off/on). It was a free phone with service active til nov 17th too so i let my metro die for a bit. Shrinkage is nice too, only 40/month down from the normal Unlimited Android Plan of $55/month. My biggest thing with metro is I'm in their great signal area, and yet I would only get 0%-45% signal in or around my house. Highest on the Metro I've seen was like 78% and speeds were still kinda bad. So tried the transform ultra and like it so far, rooted and roms already. But since I've only had like 7 days I still have a lot of reading to do and get on the best one. Currently on one called Ultra Blue 4.0.1 I believe. Bricked it last night since CWM and flashing using Odin had me wiping and flashing n then no boot! Got lucky and flashed stock recovery, boot n stuff and used stock to clear then had to flash CWM back. And each time it reboots after Odin I'd have to pull USB and battery before boot so the stock recovery or system update didn't write to phone, so diff then what I'm used to (Optimus M), but figuring it out.

Back to the topic, any use for one stuck in safe mode? Menu and search hard keys are backwards and u must press one or other to get past LG screen. Water mark lower left corner "safe mode". The other 2 I have work fine, but one has been adopted by my 2 yr old for games (nuts how these kids learn so fast, can only imagine next generation!), then that leaves 1. It was mine and activated until the 23rd and can be overclocked to 787-806, but camera sometimes wont work at high freq, and sometimes the reboot (caused by the overclock), but 748-787 is optimal I found.

If the safe mode one will work, ill be glad to help the community. If it wont, possible I can let other one go to a "good home" lol. PM me.

Back
Top Bottom