• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Check in! (Those with unlimited data)

I actually got my captivate today, and I was also very intrigued into how my data plan is still unlimited but if I switched it, could never go bacK
Thats so jank

Btw, thanks rlb4, I was curious as to whether they can tell whats being tethered as well, looks like I know what Im doing when I wake up in the morning lol

Oh yeah, forgot about this, yeah, it's true. Unlimited is really not unlimited, but unless you're like, torrenting movies on your iPhone, I don't think that's too much of a problem.

I had the ol' school PDA Connect Unlimited plan, and when I upgraded to the SGS they migrate me to another unlimited (or "unlimited" I suppose) which actually turned out to be $5 cheaper/month.

Only 140MB. That's about 23MB a day and you are on wifi mostly. That would be about 700MB per month. Seems like alot since you are on wifi mostly.

I failed to mention that I only hopped on WiFi at work on Monday. I've only used 8MB of data since then. :D. No worries though since I have the 2GB data plan.

I failed to mention that I only hopped on WiFi at work on Monday. I've only used 8MB of data since then. :D. No worries though since I have the 2GB data plan.

Yeah, I don't use much data day-to-day, I pretty much only have a surge when I'm OOT and need to tether. Then my usage looks like this:

Jan: 82MB
Feb: 40MB
Mar: 2.8GB

:D

I was grandfathered in, (and good thing since I've used about a gig in the last five days!),

But it doesn't seem to matter much anymore. AT&T is offering new data + texting bundles. In my area, I can get unlimited data + 200 text messages for 35.00 or unlimited data and unlimited texting for 50. Both options are available to me on their web site right now. I guess they figured out that they are going to need to suck less to keep customers.

I was grandfathered in, (and good thing since I've used about a gig in the last five days!),

But it doesn't seem to matter much anymore. AT&T is offering new data + texting bundles. In my area, I can get unlimited data + 200 text messages for 35.00 or unlimited data and unlimited texting for 50. Both options are available to me on their web site right now. I guess they figured out that they are going to need to suck less to keep customers.

Pretty sure those are dumb phone only plans, which the Captivate would not be eligable for since it's a smartphone. The only smartphone plans are 200MB/2GB.

Unlimited here, Had a Blackjack for 2 years then upgraded to the captivate. Added a new line for my girlfriend and was able to get unlimited for her as well. So far so good, this phone rocks! couldn't imagine not having umlimited data I'm on this thing all the time

Actually, the iPhone 2G's data package is only 20 bucks a month, because it's edge, and it includes 200 text messages. I wonder how all that would play into it =0.

I have the same plan. For some reason buying the phone they told me I had to upgrade to the $30/mo iphone data plan, so I went online and there was no upgrade needed. Still paying $20/mo for unlimited + 200 texts!

I have the same plan. For some reason buying the phone they told me I had to upgrade to the $30/mo iphone data plan, so I went online and there was no upgrade needed. Still paying $20/mo for unlimited + 200 texts!
Do you get 3G service?

I grandfathered unlimited to an iphone4, then to the cap. Iphone at one store and cap at another. I made sure that I mentioned the grandfather before we went to far. Both times, the rep had to call into the center to do an override. But I did get it. I went to the att store and not an affiliate.

Woah, I had no idea that AT&T only offered unlimited data on iPhones now...Good thing I had unlimited before I got my Captivate!

That really blows for customers new to Android on AT&T though. I see why they do it, and it makes sense, even though I completely disagree with the business choice they made.

Apple is going to keep AT&T in a headlock for as long as possible. Android is quickly becoming more and more popular (getting better and better too!), and posing a threat to Apple, so they naturally have to 'quell the uprising', so to speak. It only works for so long, Apple. Be warned.

I was grandfathered in :D actually I had an iPhone 3gS and the ATT store manager just left my iphone unlimited data plan on instead of switching it over to just a smartphone data.

Back
Top Bottom