• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help CLIQ automatically restarts itself

chan1628

Lurker
Jun 26, 2010
Ok, lets see if anyone else is having a similar problem.

I recently bought an unlocked T-Mobile CLIQ and I'm using it in Canada (FIDO).... I have 2 SIM cards that I've been testing with the CLIQ.

On one phone SIM, the phone works perfectly fine... no complaints (in fact, its quite a good phone)

HOWEVER, on my 2nd SIM card, the phone has problems picking up a signal, so it spends most of its time on Emergency Call Only... and then to add insult to injury, the phone will automatically restart after several minutes

I have a hard time believing that a SIM card can cause this phone to mess up... but i can't explain how it works for one SIM, but not for another?????

RESOLVED!!!

ok, this is more of a FYI for future people who might experience the same problem with Canadian GSM providers.

My FIDO sim card was apparently "out dated".. so i had to spend $10 to buy an updated SIM card... and my phone works now

for once, i can't blame android or motorola for this :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones