• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Clock while charging?

Am I missing a setting or is it just a blank screen while charging? I made the move from a Blackberry Storm to the Charge last weekend and so far I like it much better but I have to give BB credit on a few things such as the clock when charging, option to delete email on "handheld only" or "handheld and mailbox" and a few other minor things but I am definitely glad I made the move. Also does anyone else have an issue getting their corporate email? I am currently using Touchdown but was curious why it gives a corporate email set up option on the phone if you have to use an app..... our "IT" guy says it's a Verizon issue.....any idea if that is correct?

I look forward to learning lots more from this site....Thanks for all the good knowledge!

if you buy the cradle charger that comes with extra battery (Very Nice to have with a 4G phone), it will automatically go into a Smart Clock, weather, and news display (If you have not turned the feature off in Settings) kind of like a Squeezebox or Chumby. It is OK, i find it a little bright. The SAR rating is pretty good for the Charge, so charging near your body during the night is not as bad as some phones, when it comes to radiation.

The one thing I dislike about using the desk cradle is that when it finishes the charge cycle it automatically turns the phone display on and does not turn off. So you wake up with this gorgeous display staring at you... BRIGHT!!!

Positives, it charges the spare battery after the phone, fairly quick, also has external jack for speakers and a volume rocker for control.

Upvote 0
If you download the app NoLED from the Market, you can achieve two things that are helpful for the Charge.

Number one would be it puts colored pixels on your screen when you have a text, missed call, email, etc. Very cool since this phone doesn't have a notification LED.

Number two, is that you can have a clock on the screen while the phone is charging, which is what it sounds like you want.

It's a great app for the Charge!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones