• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Clockwork 5.0.0.1

Yes, but it would obviously be in the state it was when you made the backup. All apps etc would be their previous versions and you'd need to update them (if updates had come out in the time you'd been running RcMix). Not sure about things like SMS messages/emails etc.

Anything stored only on the device, so apps, sms messages, non-google contacts and POP email, would revert to the time of the backup and you'd lose everything since then. Google contacts and IMAP email would not be reverted if you restored a backup.

Thanks guys :)

More than likely I won't change, but I have been wanting to give Sense 3.0/3.5 a quick go and see what it's like. But I think it would take time to get everything back to normal again to CM.

Has anyone tried using ROM Manager Touch Recovery? Got an update for it yesterday and I am contemplating flashing it to see what it's like :D

i couldnt get rom manager to perform a backup since the update, was just hanging for ages

Has anyone tried using ROM Manager Touch Recovery? Got an update for it yesterday and I am contemplating flashing it to see what it's like :D

I didn't know that existed. I'm on 4ext touch recovery at the moment which I guess is similar.

I didn't know that existed. I'm on 4ext touch recovery at the moment which I guess is similar.

Yeah Koush announced it on Twitter a couple of days ago. I recommend going for a touch recovery, saves the life of the hardware buttons.

Yep, I flashed it manually last night (v5.8.0.2 from the ClockworkMod website) . It does what it says on the tin. I performed a backup and all seemed well.

One odd thing though. ROM Manager still reports the old version.

ROM Manager just told me that there is a new (touch) version of clockwork available for some devices but, as omdaddi says, it still shows the current (non-touch) version as being the latest (but it is showing Touch as available).

One question for you... would the backups I have just made using 5.0.2.0 be compatible with CWM Touch?

ROM Manager just told me that there is a new (touch) version of clockwork available for some devices but, as omdaddi says, it still shows the current (non-touch) version as being the latest (but it is showing Touch as available).

One question for you... would the backups I have just made using 5.0.2.0 be compatible with CWM Touch?

Yes :D

Back
Top Bottom