• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cm11 rom?

bfldworker

Android Enthusiast
Us there anyone working on a CM11 based KitKat ROM for this phone?

I use a GS4 as my daily driver and my wife just upgraded to a LG L70 and I could use this as a microtablet or just a device to toy around with. The specs of this phone are on par with the GS3 (T999), so the horsepower is there to run KitKat. Any news or plans to bring the sweetness of KitKat to this device?

Well if you plan to build one, you have my support and i am willing to test it on my Avid :)

Same here man, I'm willing to test it out. Only problem is my avid doesn't have a data connection but other than that I'll test whatever you need me to

Same here man, I'm willing to test it out. Only problem is my avid doesn't have a data connection but other than that I'll test whatever you need me to

Neither does mine. I use it as a platform to play games with or test programs on it. I know 10.1 is a WIP, and I am cool with it. I just look at it from this perceptive, it's hardware is very capable to run KK and even perhaps the next 2 major updates from Google.

I just need to hone some of my programming skills and see what I can eek out of Source code that ZTE released. And go from there.

Neither does mine. I use it as a platform to play games with or test programs on it. I know 10.1 is a WIP, and I am cool with it. I just look at it from this perceptive, it's hardware is very capable to run KK and even perhaps the next 2 major updates from Google.

I just need to hone some of my programming skills and see what I can eek out of Source code that ZTE released. And go from there.

I have a cm11.0 repo started that builds recovery but haven't got as far as a full build. If you are interested in taking a look just search totlth on github. The kernel source from zte is there as well. I hope this helps.

I have a cm11.0 repo started that builds recovery but haven't got as far as a full build. If you are interested in taking a look just search totlth on github. The kernel source from zte is there as well. I hope this helps.

You two are starting to make me regret buying a new phone :(

Im willing to test, i do have data

I appreciate that. And I will take you up on the offer. Just as a warning to everyone the last tune i cooked a ROM was when eclair was new. So I will be bouncing questions off people.

Now that I have 2 days free I am going get TWRP 2.7 working on this phone. 2.5 is unable to install KK on any phone. So let me get that running.

Have you developed any testable ROM for cm11

Not yet, my schedule has been busy between work, school and bring a dad.

I have everything installed on my comp, I just needed a few days free to start this up.

Please be patient. My programming chops are a little rusty. I will be asking for assistance as time goes on.

I have everything installed on my comp, I just needed a few days free to start this up.

Please be patient. My programming chops are a little rusty. I will be asking for assistance as time goes on.

Sounds great, really excited to see the future of this phone. :D

Are you going to build cm11

Yes, I am building a CM 11 for this phone.
My first chore is a TWRP 2.7 so it can be installed. 2.7 because 2.5 doesn't like installing KK.

I made a device tree is up just look you can use that to start in github search zte elden my is dadcup18

Well don't feel bad I don't use the avid 4g as a phone. I use a GS4 m919 for that. The avid is a great device for watching video, gaming and testing ideas.

Yeah true, I use it to mess around and work on my modding skills (which is just the bare minimum) but its still a good phone to mess around with.

Back
Top Bottom