• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM6 Incredible is now on ROM Manager

It should be working fine for you considering it's working for the majority of us. You might have already done this, but be sure you wipe your phone before flashing the new rom. I never use ROM Manager to actually install ROMs. I'm of the opinion that using ROM Manager to flash the rom just adds more steps that could go wrong. I just boot into recovery and do everything myself. Maybe I'm just old fasioned. ;)

I got it working. I forgot to check "wipe data/cache" when I installed it. I like it, but flashed back to what I was using before (just stock sense) because of the known issues.

Upvote 0
I tried installing it from ROM Manager and got stuck in a reboot loop. I will try again later when some kinks get worked out I guess.

I'm not trying to be rude but I think the kink is on your end:D

The app and tools needed to flash ROMs works great and are very easy. Although I will admit it's hard to find instructions. Most ROMs have the market installed by default but I find it easier to use titanium backup or MyBackup to restore apps.

Once you get the hang of it it's as simple as selected the ROM you want and then sitting back and watch it go.

Just read some more and then more again. It'll come to you. Good luck and have fun.

Upvote 0
It should be working fine for you considering it's working for the majority of us. You might have already done this, but be sure you wipe your phone before flashing the new rom. I never use ROM Manager to actually install ROMs. I'm of the opinion that using ROM Manager to flash the rom just adds more steps that could go wrong. I just boot into recovery and do everything myself. Maybe I'm just old fasioned. ;)

What extra steps? Select the ROM select, on the next requester check both option ( Wipe data Do backup) and your done. Well except for waiting for it to finish. The only trouble I ever had with it was once it didn't boot all the way to recovery but once I got it there myself it took off and completed the Flash.

Its not that hard doing it manually either so to each his own. But for a beginner it couldn't be simpler than using ROM manager IMO.

Upvote 0
I'm not trying to be rude but I think the kink is on your end:D

The app and tools needed to flash ROMs works great and are very easy. Although I will admit it's hard to find instructions. Most ROMs have the market installed by default but I find it easier to use titanium backup or MyBackup to restore apps.

Once you get the hang of it it's as simple as selected the ROM you want and then sitting back and watch it go.

Just read some more and then more again. It'll come to you. Good luck and have fun.

Notice how I have already said I figured out what happened. Also, by kinks I meant the camera, etc.

Not trying to be rude.

Upvote 0
any new news on this? I am using sky raiders version of froyo 2.2. I loved this version but too many bugs for the first time out of the gates for me to wait. Namely the Bluetooth GPS and Camera not working. On the Skyraider version I have the bluetooth, GPS but no camera.. I will take the two.. The flash is working great.. Still cant use HULU but watched full episodes of Hells Kitchen today on Fox website. I truly want this rom the most because I dont want the sense anymore. I am very bored of it and this version is vanilla just the way I like it! Keep up the great work!

Upvote 0
So I tried downloading this from ROM Manager, but it did not get downloaded to my SD card. When I go in to install from SD card, the zip file is not there. I have tried to download it again but it says "download complete" right after I tell it to download, like it thinks that it is already there. Has anyone else run into this problem? Is there something I'm missing here?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones