• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Command Prompt

cornbreadfarts

Android Enthusiast
I just rooted yesterday. Running Aloysius v6. [ROM] Aloysius 2.0 PORT V6 REUPPED (5/1/10) - xda-developers I need help with the command prompt. I am trying to disable OTA updates. the command is "su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
mv /system/etc/security/otacerts.zip /system/etc/security/otacerts.zip.nothankyou"

i understand the command prompt, i just dont know how i am supposed to access the phone with it.

I just rooted yesterday. Running Aloysius v6. [ROM] Aloysius 2.0 PORT V6 REUPPED (5/1/10) - xda-developers I need help with the command prompt. I am trying to disable OTA updates. the command is "su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
mv /system/etc/security/otacerts.zip /system/etc/security/otacerts.zip.nothankyou"

i understand the command prompt, i just dont know how i am supposed to access the phone with it.

ahhhh. thats what you are trying to do?

i can help with that, i just wasnt sure of what exactly you were trying to do.

open the emulator and type,

adb shell
su
cd /etc/security
ls

look and see if there is a file called otacerts.zip
is there?

you are supposed to cd to the tools directory of the sdk folder and then type in adb shell in the command line and then su and you should have a "#" symbol and then just type the commands

Or just download Root Explorer. Its WAY simpler than adb and worth every damn penny. I wouldn't wanna have root without it.

you are supposed to cd to the tools directory of the sdk folder and then type in adb shell in the command line and then su and you should have a "#" symbol and then just type the commands
response when doing that:

daemon not running, starting it now
daemon started successfully
error: device not found

phone is on charge only setting.

i can guide you through step by step,
put in debugging mode and run the command i mentioned earlier and tell me what it spits out

oh i forgot your using the emulator.
no debugging mode, thats only when your using it with terminal on your computer.
my bad

ahhhh. thats what you are trying to do?

i can help with that, i just wasnt sure of what exactly you were trying to do.

open the emulator and type,

adb shell
su
cd /etc/security
ls

look and see if there is a file called otacerts.zip
is there?

yes it is there

Back
Top Bottom