• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Complete Rom?

Country Dad

Jan 26, 2012
Ok, so I see alot of themes going around, but are there any 100% complete Roms out there. I pick and choose what I do to my phone because I figure the less is more. The less you do, the more you will get out of it and the less chance of bricking your phone. Anyways Let me know about any complete roms. Im sure there already posted Im just missing them on here.

Thanks

I have, but I see people having issue with the MMS and not seeing the icons on the power bar. Is there a newer one out as well? what one do I download?

I've been using Admiral Beast since it was released; it actually FIXED my MMS issues.

I found how to fix the power control widget problem and mentioned in the thread (post #105)

Upvote 0
First and explantion: You may recall that when you visit a web site that showshyperlinks to other pages, the hyperlinks are a different color if you have already visited the linked page. Your browser does this by keeping a list of all the pages you have ever visited and then comparing it to the hyperlinks on the page you are about to view. Before fully loading the page, it compares the hyperlink to everyone of the pages you have ever viewed. Let's say you have viewed 1000 pages previously and that the page you are about to view has 20 hyperlinks. Your computer has to perform 20,000 comparisons before it can open the page. That's a lot of work.

You can simply erase your history by selecting Tools, Internet Options, General tab. Select erase history. The obvious disadvantage will be that you won't know if you've been there before. But it should load fast.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I installed the new ROM when it was posted.I have not had any problems I really like it I used my Titanium back-up and restored the apps I wanted I like having the dolphin hd browser took me a minute to set it up cause it wants to sync with google.My mms works great the power button issue was not one for me I do not use that gadget anyhow and I have like 80 megs internal room and apps 2 sd moved a lot of the apps to my sd card so all is good. I think MysteryEmotionz did a great job. Personally I think that when we install a ROM we should be happy with it and not spend so much time trying to change all that was done in the rom.
2 thumbs up @mysteryEmotionz

Upvote 0
I don't know much about phones, but the admiral beast rom did make my phone a lot faster. The problems I had with it like MMS, fixed itself or something. Sometimes my phone does an extra quick reboot after I turn it on, but that's about it. I've only changed a few things like: GoLauncher, re adding live wallpaper, and trying to get ahold of the compatible beats audio mod.

Upvote 0
Have you found when you check voice mail the keyboard isn't the right one to enter your password?
If you mean on Admiral Beast Rom and calling my voicemail, it gives me the right dial pad not a keyboard.

clearing all your cache will do that..
I've cleared my cache/dalvik cache before on stock, and it didn't make my phone respond as fast as it does now. Not to mention my battery life is a lot better. The only thing that could use improvement if possible is incall volume/call quality.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones