• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Completely Wipe

adb on a pc only works when the adb daemon is running on the phone. It must be able to talk to that.

I've not seen phones respond to it in the bootloader personally, only when running the system with USB debugging on - and all that does is run adbd - the daemon.

Odin is for Samsung only.

Have you tried both volume buttons while powering up?

Is usb debugging still turned on?

Odd that adb worked but stopped. With adb you could say

adb reboot bootloader

Yea i did both volume and a pink screen come up with nothing on it and one of the main problem is the usb debugging because its not turned on

adb on a pc only works when the adb daemon is running on the phone. It must be able to talk to that.

I've not seen phones respond to it in the bootloader personally, only when running the system with USB debugging on - and all that does is run adbd - the daemon.

Yea so where do i go from here?

Yea so where do i go from here?
If you can't get into a bootloader/fastboot mode to install a custom recovery that in turn will allow you to install a rom (operating system), then you have a paperweight.

Unless someone knows another way, and I hope that they do, that's it.

If you can't get into a bootloader/fastboot mode to install a custom recovery that in turn will allow you to install a rom (operating system), then you have a paperweight.

Unless someone knows another way, and I hope that they do, that's it.

Really that means i am out of options then
:(:(:(:(

Whats Odin?
Yes i do..... when i plug in the phone the computer recognize it but! when i open the command prompt screen and do a adb devices command for the list of adb devices it comes up blank. but before i use to see my device now i am not seeing it

How do you know the computer recognizes the phone? Does the computer show a folder where you can list contents on the phone? If not how do you know it is recognized? If it does show a folder, I would think that means the boot partition is not wiped and that you still have a chance.

How do you know the computer recognizes the phone? Does the computer show a folder where you can list contents on the phone? If not how do you know it is recognized? If it does show a folder, I would think that means the boot partition is not wiped and that you still have a chance.

No folder just that when i plug it in i hear a noise which indicates that a ubs have been plugged in also when i go to device driver i see adb devices and it recognize the found but like i said before when i use the common prompt and look for adb devices it also recognize the phone but say its offline

There can be many causes for adb reporting device offline. Try googling 'adb reports device offline.' I personally have had PC ports that sometimes work to connect a phone to a PC but other times the same port, even with the same OEM cable, fail to work with adb. (My experience is with samsung, but the same may happen with other phones.)

ohh but like it gave recommendation that i must enable usb debugging but i can because the phone is wiped but going to google and see what happens

On my samsung phone, I do not think there is any such thing as debug mode while in recovery or download mode, just while in normal phone operation.

You're missing the point of my last message. The point is that I am not sure that adb's showing the device as offline is because of the phone not being in debug mode, because I do not know that the concept of debug mode even applies when you are in recovery mode or download mode. Therefore I reassert my recommendation that you do the google search I previously stated and try things suggested in the links that result - things like different USB cables, different PC ports, restarting the adb service, etc.

You're missing the point of my last message. The point is that I am not sure that adb's showing the device as offline is because of the phone not being in debug mode, because I do not know that the concept of debug mode even applies when you are in recovery mode or download mode. Therefore I reassert my recommendation that you do the google search I previously stated and try things suggested in the links that result - things like different USB cables, different PC ports, restarting the adb service, etc.

Oh ok i will but can you send me a link to download the adb software, i want to make sure that i am using the right software

If that's the case, as @EarlyMon pointed out here, it looks as though you have a paperweight, sorry.

I think you probably are right, but the OP earlier said that adb says "device offline." Getting that response from adb is quite different than adb returning no entries at all.

I will reiterate, too, that I have had multiple experiences where using a different cable or physical port has caused adb to see my Samsungs (or not). I have had adb not list my device but then list it when I move to a different port or a different cable. I don't think the cable or the port actually is the problem, but rather software, because all of my ports works sometimes, but none work all the time. Also Odin sees the phone, without regard to which port or cable I use, but adb often does not. Also connection of the phone to the PC, during normal phone operation, often connects and disconnects frequently (sometimes every few seconds).

The point of all of this is that I am not getting a clear, consistent, precise message from the OP, and I would not want him to give up, and l0se a phone, because he expressed something imprecisely and you/I/we took it literally.

Hey i have a huawei ascend y300 and it was rooted and accidentally deleted my OS and now the phone is blank and i cant install a new Os back on it... Can some please advice me on how to fix this problem

I am curious to know. How exactly did you "delete your OS"? Rooting does not do that.

I think you probably are right, but the OP earlier said that adb says "device offline." Getting that response from adb is quite different than adb returning no entries at all.

I will reiterate, too, that I have had multiple experiences where using a different cable or physical port has caused adb to see my Samsungs (or not). I have had adb not list my device but then list it when I move to a different port or a different cable. I don't think the cable or the port actually is the problem, but rather software, because all of my ports works sometimes, but none work all the time. Also Odin sees the phone, without regard to which port or cable I use, but adb often does not. Also connection of the phone to the PC, during normal phone operation, often connects and disconnects frequently (sometimes every few seconds).

The point of all of this is that I am not getting a clear, consistent, precise message from the OP, and I would not want him to give up, and l0se a phone, because he expressed something imprecisely and you/I/we took it literally.
I have saved hundreds of phones, 3 in the last three days.

I would encourage you to read the entire thread carefully.

Nothing imprecise has been expressed.

Without a working system, there is no adb daemon running so there is no adb path.

It won't boot into a bootloader mode where fastboot can be applied.

There is no whole-system tool to restore it from the ground up like some other brands.

If wishes were horses, we'd all ride.

You think you have the answer, great, I hope you do.

But read and understand the entire thread before saying that anyone, oh I don't know, like me for example, called it a paperweight without the facts. ;) :)

I have saved hundreds of phones, 3 in the last three days.

I would encourage you to read the entire thread carefully.

Nothing imprecise has been expressed.

Without a working system, there is no adb daemon running so there is no adb path.

It won't boot into a bootloader mode where fastboot can be applied.

There is no whole-system tool to restore it from the ground up like some other brands.

If wishes were horses, we'd all ride.

You think you have the answer, great, I hope you do.

But read and understand the entire thread before saying that anyone, oh I don't know, like me for example, called it a paperweight without the facts. ;) :)

Apparently I used the term "OP" incorrectly. By OP, I meant Kemalogy, the originator of this entire thread, not EarlyMon. EarlyMon made no imprecise or inconsistent statements, but Kemalogy certainly did. One time he says adb reports device offline. In another he says adb does not list device at all. If I recall correctly (too lazy to go back and look), there were other times where his descriptions were similar, but with changes in important details, from one post to another.

Ok guys here is the full story

Like i said from the beginning i have a huawei y300 with no Os, how did the OS got wiped? I was in twrp and was doing a factory reset where i select advance reset and end up wiping the entire system alone with my files, Os, apps etc... after which when i turn on the phone it wont boot up.

I then realise that i could still access twrp so i search everyone it but could not find away to restore my OS and solve the problem, bare in mine that i rooted the phone.

At that point when i plugged in the phone and search for adb devices my phone was shown after a few research and attends i failed in fixing the problem. I then did something while using the push function to send clockwork recovery to the phone or something like that after which i realise that twrp stop showing on the phone i then realised that i was not seeing my devices on the list of adb. after a few attempts and i kept on trying i saw it came up as offline but now its not showing again.

Hope you all understand the issue now

So like wat i need is a software that can program the OS straight to the phone is such software does exist but in fact should because how the OS came on in the first place, i dont know a thing about phones but i know a little to help myself but i have reached my limit

No operating system, the recovery partition is corrupted and the phone won't enter into a fastboot mode to allow flashing a new recovery, as the result of the corruption that occurred.

I understood that perfectly well when I sadly called it a paperweight the first time.

Maybe it wasn't clear to others.

So, anyway, sorry OP, as I know of nothing like a user available full device programmer, there's nothing you can do to unstick it.

Maybe you can send it to Huawei, they may be able re-program it, or maybe your carrier's service center.

(I understood who the OP is as well. Sorry if we got off on the wrong foot.)

No operating system, the recovery partition is corrupted and the phone won't enter into a fastboot mode to allow flashing a new recovery, as the result of the corruption that occurred.

I understood that perfectly well when I sadly called it a paperweight the first time.

Maybe it wasn't clear to others.

So, anyway, sorry OP, as I know of nothing like a user available full device programmer, there's nothing you can do to unstick it.

Maybe you can send it to Huawei, they may be able re-program it, or maybe your carrier's service center.

(I understood who the OP is as well. Sorry if we got off on the wrong foot.)

So there is nothing can be done to fix the problem then?

Back
Top Bottom