• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help confusion about memory

thank you... so can i set my system that new apps are beeing installed in the bigger partion right away instead of the 2GB one - and then running out of room... making me manually move the app to the other partition?

also even after moving the app, it still uses some memory in the original (smaller) partion?

thanks!

Upvote 0
The internal storage for the Note LTE is partitioned. The smaller 2GB internal storage partition is used for installation of all apps and the larger 11GB USB storage partition for storage of app data. Unfortunately, Samsung has made it that most applications moved to SD card are in fact just allocated to the USB internal storage partition. It is NOT moved onto the external card. If you have a file manager you can actually see that the USB internal storage is mounted as 'sdcard' and the external card as 'external_sd'.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones