• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Constantly charging Evo throughout the day

Tried this, didn't help. My cell standby did drastically decrease after.

I updated PRL, no help.

I also reformatted my SD card, no help.

I have never installed ATK or any type of task killer.

I did hard reset the phone once immediately after getting it.

I'm not complaining about the battery life. I have the resources to charge all day. I was just curious to know if it would be bad on the phone or not.

I have hardware 003 btw.

Try calibrating the battery, that seems to help: Does this work for the battery? - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com.

Upvote 0
I am getting 9-10 hours off a nightly charge on my Evo. This isn't lasting me the whole day and I usually run out of juice on the drive home from work. I've tried all the battery tricks to get longer time but no luck. I think the reason for the battery drain is because at work, I only receive 1-2 bars on the 3G network. When I step outside, I go to 4-5 bars. I am blaming the battery drain more on my location rather than the phone, which is OK.

Anyways, I have the luxury of sitting in front of a laptop all day. This means I can constantly charge my Evo all day through the USB port. Would this have any bad effect on the battery? This means taking the phone on and off the charge throughout the day. If I leave my desk for 10-15 minutes, I'm unplugging the Evo and taking it with me. This could happen 5-10 times a day.

Or is it better just to do a charge 1-2 hours before I leave work to make sure it will last the remainder of the evening?

Remember next week some time they(sprint/htc) are suppose to be releasing a patch that should fix some of the constant data activation issues we've been seeing. My phone will be sitting doing nothing and i see the network lights going, not sure what its doing, but i think this is what is causing the battery drain.

I have all my background turned off, so i hope the patch fixes this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones