• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help contacts not displaying?

Hi,
So I just got the LG Optimus one and I imported all my contacts manually (and correctly) into the address book program. However, when someone calls me, it doesn't link up to their contact information, just their phone number shows, not their name or photo and their custom ringtone won't play. Any suggestions on how I can get my phone to link up with my contact list?
cheers
LC
 
I have this problem too.

The only workaround I've found is, answer the phone, see who it is, add the number to your contact (even though it's already there, I know) and delete the previous instance of the number (the lower one is the new instance).

That works for me.
 
yeah I'm having a similar problem with my new LG Optimus one but I don't even the phone number displaying when receiving an incoming call. Any ideas on how to fix that would be appreciated.

It's weird as when I receive a text message from a contact it comes up with their details so it's just something wrong with the incoming calls
 
Try this: export the contact list to the Sd card as vcf. Completely delete the contact list, then import the one you previously saved on the Sd Card.

Solved the problem on my Optimus One.

Cheers
 
Hi guys
I'm using HTC -not a LG Optimus- but I had the same phenomena before.
Then I thought that it might happen by a kind of bug, and I'll wait for the software debug.
In addition to that, I searched for a EZ-use address book editor ,and found.
"Synchronicity" is it.
It was more than I expected. EZ & graphical & functional , etc.
So now I'm using Synchronicity once the "BUG" appears.
You'll find it ---> Synchronicity :Gmail address book editor (Download)
 
I also faced the same issue. You can try what 1undefined suggested. Or reboot the phone 2 or 3 times. It worked for me after rebooting. But annoying issue though.
 
Open up the display options when you are looking at your contacts.

Menu, display options, click on gmail your contacts are synced to, make sure all of the boxes below the username are checked. That should fix the problems.

Stay Classy,

mobilemandan
 
I had the same problem. I can more or less pinpoint to one source i.e. we first set up the contacts sync without putting in our sim card and it leads to this problem. This is what you do:

1. Do a factory reset. Restart your phone
2. Insert your sim card if you have not done so.
3. Sync your contacts all over again (with your sim card in the phone)

This should solve the problem:)
 
Back
Top Bottom