• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Control Prevail from your desktop with AirDroid

UncleBud

Just found the coolest app AirDroid manage your Prevail from your pc desktop!

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&hl=en

Enjoy below features after installation from the comfort of your favorite web browser on desktop or other devices:
*Files
Transfer files between Android devices and computers.
Cut, copy, paste, search, rename or delete files on the SD card.
*SMS
Read, send, forward or delete SMS messages.
*Applications
Install, uninstall, backup, search apps and do batch processing.
*Photos
Preview, delete, import, export, set as wallpaper and photos slide show from desktop.
*Clipboard
Share clipboard text between desktop and device.
*Contacts
Group, search, create contacts, check and delete call logs.
*Ringtones
Search, preview, import, export, delete and customize ringtones for phone calls, notifications and alarms.
*Music
Play, search, import, export, delete, or set as phone call, notification and alarm ringtones.
=================
AirDroid also comes with the following inbuilt features:
*Device Status
Real-time ROM, SD Card, Battery, CPU and RAM status report & monitor with charts to demonstrate available/used/total resources, and one-tap memory boost.
*Tasks Manager
Kill or uninstall running apps, batch operation supported.
*Apps Manager
Uninstall, share or check details of user and system apps.
*Files
Control Cut, copy, rename, send/share, delete, sort and create visible or hidden folders and files.

Have not used this, but the idea popped into my head tonight that since sooooo much juice is used to keep the screen on, that if Air Droid would control phone without phone screen actually having to be on, it could provide a net benefit on battery life if you were on it for a few hours at a time.

Have not read this thread, so I may be completely off base.

Somewhat of a placebo and.perpetual motion machine since even MORE juice is used by PC, LOL.

I was scared off by the fact that the permissions want me to allow the apparently to send SMS messages.

Kind of required if you want it to perform the main duty I wanted it for. The texts aren't sent from a 3rd party with your number like some options. Instead you type up the text and when you hit enter it is sent to your phone and your phone sends out the message.

If you're having problems with battery consumption, try the market app, "Battery XL". I've been using it for about a month and it makes a considerable difference. Also has custom settings for your preferences!

Back
Top Bottom