• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cracked My Screen. How do I fix it? Please Help!

About 30 minutes ago, I was jogging and my phone slipped out of my sweat pants. the screen shattered completely. Ive looked all over the internet to see how I could get it fixed but cant find anywhere. I called att support and they just said go to the att store? Does anyone know how much that will cost? Also does anyone know of where I could buy a replacement screen and install it my self?

Upvote 0
What about an HTC Raider screen. I'm almost positive those are the EXACT same phones
Maybe im not 100% sure because i can't find a part number for the Raider.
Here is the Raider digitizer.
OEM HTC Raider 4G Holiday X710E Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement Parts
There are some on Ebay also.I would call htc or a dealer to see which ones will work.
This one is for the Vivid but more expensive.
HTC Vivid Digitizer Touch Screen Panel Glass Lens * US Seller * NEW | eBay

Upvote 0
Long time Lurker on this thread, but I had to register to share that I found a video on it!

I've had a screen I bought off eBay for two weeks begging people on Youtube to do a video on it (so I could follow along). I just got messaged by the "irepairfast" Channel saying they just put one up. Its just what I needed! I'm brewing some coffee and getting this done tonight before I crack my LCD playing Angry Birds. lol

Just search "HTC VIVID SCreen Replacement" and you'll find the video to follow along with if thats your thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3mi4lAe58s

Upvote 0
My poor husband just dropped my Vivid and the screen shattered.... I saw you got yours repaired at an AT&T store here in Dallas. Where did you go? I live in Dallas too - but my AT&t rep didn't offer up repair at their site......

Thanks!

Has anyone told HTC that they should have used Gorilla Glass in the Vivid??? Maybe a supplier will get the idea????

I did the same thing, with my AT&T insurance they wanted to charge me $200. I threatened to leave for Sprint and they simply gave me a new contract (already had signed up for 2 years for 1st Vivid) and charged me $50. Cheaper than getting it fixed . . .
I think the reps get dinged if they lose a customer so they are motivated to may you happy.

Reactions: chall80
Upvote 0
Has anyone told HTC that they should have used Gorilla Glass in the Vivid??? Maybe a supplier will get the idea????

I did the same thing, with my AT&T insurance they wanted to charge me $200. I threatened to leave for Sprint and they simply gave me a new contract (already had signed up for 2 years for 1st Vivid) and charged me $50. Cheaper than getting it fixed . . .
I think the reps get dinged if they lose a customer so they are motivated to may you happy.

Gorilla glass only goes so far...I am the king of cracked screens. I replaced the front glass twice on my iphone4, the back glass once. I replaced the screen on my Bravo once. 3 times on the inspire. So far, i'm knocking on wood...I bought the Otterbox Commuter at the att store with the vivid. its never been in motion without it(although i will sit on the couch and marvel at its beauty without its case)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones