• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

create group then were is it

Android 9

In messages, I create a group, then send a text.

But, later I can't locate that group. It does not appear to have been saved. If it has, then where is it located?

Thanks,

Have you ever sent a message to the group?

I don't know whether you mean Google's "Messages" app, Samsung's "Messages" app or some other app with that name, but as I don't use any of those I'm guessing anyway ;). But if you have created a group and not sent any messages my first guess would be to press the button to write a new message and then try typing the group name when it asks you who to send it to. It's not likely to appear in the conversations list until a conversation has been started.

Have you ever sent a message to the group?

I don't know whether you mean Google's "Messages" app, Samsung's "Messages" app or some other app with that name, but as I don't use any of those I'm guessing anyway ;). But if you have created a group and not sent any messages my first guess would be to press the button to write a new message and then try typing the group name when it asks you who to send it to. It's not likely to appear in the conversations list until a conversation has been started.

Using the message app on the phone. When I create a group and then give that group a name, the text goes through. But, when I go back again later, I can't locate the named group.

I create group texts by picking someone to text and then clicking the add participants. The group text then shows in my list of texts and replies are added as they are received within that group text.

Not sure how that works. As I mentioned in the above reply: Using the message app on the phone. When I create a group and then give that group a name, the text goes through. But, when I go back again later, I can't locate the named group.

I wish I could be more informative. I have created groups among my contacts. Family.. work... etc. I've never attempted to mass text a group, it's more of an organizational tool for me. While in my stock text app (Samsung) if I click on contacts I find Groups there and clicking on that my groups are listed. Perhaps your lost text is there.

what message app are you using? on my z fold 4, my group texts are in the list of conversations or text messages. i can even just do a plain search where at the top of the list is the search area. i can just enter the group name or a name in the group and it will appear.

what message app are you using? on my z fold 4, my group texts are in the list of conversations or text messages. i can even just do a plain search where at the top of the list is the search area. i can just enter the group name or a name in the group and it will appear.

The message app that comes with the phone. I would think that the group I've given a name would show up in the search contacts, but it does not.

I wish I could be more informative. I have created groups among my contacts. Family.. work... etc. I've never attempted to mass text a group, it's more of an organizational tool for me. While in my stock text app (Samsung) if I click on contacts I find Groups there and clicking on that my groups are listed. Perhaps your lost text is there.

Thanks for your info. I'm using the message app that comes with the phone. I would think that the group I've given a name would show up in the search contacts, but it does not.

What phone are you using? I'm only familiar with the stock Samsung text app but perhaps another can lend more specific assistance knowing the phone in question. With Samsung's stock text app, I don't name a group text. The group being text is it's name. Instead of a text name of one recipient, the text name will list all in the group text excluding myself. All replies to that group text will be threaded into that group text.

The app name "messages" is ambiguous, and different phones come with different message apps. That was my point, just telling us that it's the app that comes with the phone doesn't tell us which app it is. So as asked above, you need to either tell us which phone you have or look at the app's app store listing to tell us who it's written by.

What phone are you using? I'm only familiar with the stock Samsung text app but perhaps another can lend more specific assistance knowing the phone in question. With Samsung's stock text app, I don't name a group text. The group being text is it's name. Instead of a text name of one recipient, the text name will list all in the group text excluding myself. All replies to that group text will be threaded into that group text.

U307AS Assurance wireless

The app name "messages" is ambiguous, and different phones come with different message apps. That was my point, just telling us that it's the app that comes with the phone doesn't tell us which app it is. So as asked above, you need to either tell us which phone you have or look at the app's app store listing to tell us who it's written by.

U307AS Assurance wireless

Back
Top Bottom