• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Creating a bootable linux CD soley to SBF *headache free*

I'm back! Lol. I have my bootable linux cd for the first link when I first rooted my phone back in August. My phone became unrooted after the .605 version update and I deleted my files on my phone not knowing there was a 1 click root access for the update. Anyhow, do I need to download the .602 link now and put it on a cd as well?

It's up to you. You can use the 2.3.340 version and take the OTA(s) to get current then root or the 602 file then OTA to .605 then root. Either way, doesn't make much difference except you already have the froyo CD burned so it may be easier/faster.

I have appreciated the disks that you have made, and don't want to sound ungrateful but would you mind also posting a 605 cd as well? if not then that's cool, just wondering.
Thanks

I have appreciated the disks that you have made, and don't want to sound ungrateful but would you mind also posting a 605 cd as well? if not then that's cool, just wondering.
Thanks

I don't think this is possible since there is no full sbf file for 605.

I can't the 1kds method to work, its burned to disc but just sits at the load baby load page. says loading image. No dots moving or anything. any ideas?

With math though you do it that way so you can apply what you know from that to other problems. This is a one problem system. And as I see it this is the most native way to flash the SBF. Android is based on a modified linux system so flashing in linux is the 'proper' way. RSDlite is there so Windows users can do it. But I think everyone should have a linux partition so they can boot into linux and do it that way. This is just a script that automates it.

I don't know that this is wholly a one-problem system, but I agree with the rest. The right (read native) tool for the job is still Linux--despite the existence of a Windows solution.

I also object to bullshit responses like don't take it so literally--as though you've done something wrong by shooting holes in his argument. Getting the last word doesn't make you right--being right makes you right.

I just got a Droid X second-hand, and I'm trying to root so I can get rid of bloatware. I tried this, and I got nowhere. I downloaded the 1KDStatz_MB_4.5.604 ISO, burned the CD, booted it up, selected to SBF 604, and here's what I get:

killed
[some stuff]
slitaz login:

I've tried this and a couple other things, and I just get nowhere. Right now, I've got three linux live boot CDs with different SBF scripts on them, and nothing is working.

BTW, when I boot the phone into the bootloader, I get this:

Bootloader 30.04

Battery OK
OK to program
Transfer mode: USB

My phone is running 621, which I guess is an OTA update (as I said, it's second-hand) and 2.3.4. I have enabled non-market apps, and debugging.

One of the errors I saw flash by when I was trying this method was due to a write-only file system? What's that about?

Does anybody have any advice? Far from headache-free, I'm almost wanting to give up on Moto, and get a Droid Incredible - HTC is great.
Thanks in advance.

i tried this method to get out of a boot loop stuck on red moto logo. I downloaded the .340 file, everything went good as far as i know when it was done it said pull battery and reinstall, then wipe data, cache, and factory reset. When i pulled battery and re-installed it only boots back into bootloader and this is what the screen says...
Bootloader
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
SERVICE Req'd
Battery OK
OK to program
Connect USB Data Cable

What did i do wrong? I was on the newest update .621, used the CD method to root and put LiquidICS rom on the phone then it bootlooped so this is where i am. Any help to get my phone working again will be appiciated. Thanks

once on 621 you can only use 621
it's in my list as DX ezSBF same thing as in this thread just updated
sd_shadow's list of links for Droid FAQs, SBF, Rooting, ROMs.... https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Goawxdx_UBF4Y8lqzHYWf8Ha3yUcRK4faq0UWIlXLWA/edit

Back
Top Bottom