• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Custom ROM]-Tagged

If I remap the search button to switch between CPU governors button, what should they be?

• Powersave & SmartassV2

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • Powersave & Performance

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powersave & Ondemand

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Cycle through all of the governors, we'll stop when we get to the one we want.

Votes: 21 43.8%

• Total voters
You don't install system apps. You paste them into the folder, then restart your phone. They will be there when you boot it back up.

Both files are already in there.
I copied the old Clock and Email .apk's from my old ZV4 folder and replaced them, rebooted and am still getting the error.

Both files are already in there.
I copied the old Clock and Email .apk's from my old ZV4 folder and replaced them, rebooted and am still getting the error.

You're a still getting the "could not be installed error"? I because you shouldn't be trying to install it at all. They should automatically. Be there. You don't "install" them in any way.

You're a still getting the "could not be installed error"? I because you shouldn't be trying to install it at all. They should automatically. Be there. You don't "install" them in any way.

Strange, cause I'm using the Holo Launcher that came with your ROM and their not in the App Drawer nor are the in the "Hide App" portion of it.
Also, they aren't in the All of the Manage applications under Applications.

holo launcher has issues keeping apps installed showing up in app drawer. I've had to restart the launcher just to get apps to appear or reappear. I eventually changed to another launcher.

Strange, cause I'm using the Holo Launcher that came with your ROM and their not in the App Drawer nor are the in the "Hide App" portion of it.
Also, they aren't in the All of the Manage applications under Applications.

Hmm, well I'm sorry about that. I'm uploading a new version of it now, and with those things included. Will post a link here when it uploads.

Hmm, well I'm sorry about that. I'm uploading a new version of it now, and with those things included. Will post a link here when it uploads.
BTW, your ROM is awesome!
By far the best one I've used to date and I came from an Optimus V where there were bunches of ROM's.
Keep up the hard and fantastic work!

When I open the camera, the normal camera icons appear but where the image you are about to snap should appear is black. If I click on the camera button to take a picture, it force-closes.

When I open the camera, the normal camera icons appear but where the image you are about to snap should appear is black. If I click on the camera button to take a picture, it force-closes.

Interesting. Have you tried a different camera app? Camera ICS, Camera360, lgcamera..

it might be worth checking with another camera app to see if it's just a problem with the Camera APK or a more serious system problem.

Sounds like an issue with gallery. Try opening it thru app drawer and see if it fc's. If so you may need to reinstall gallery

You may just try to reinstall the ROM, making sure to wipe system, cache, and data. I've never done anything with the camera, and I feel that if it was a problem with all the Tagged ROMS then somebody else would have said something as well.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that when I first tried to install this ROM, I used one of Leslie's zips to automatically clear cache, delvik, and format /system and /data. Anyway, somehow between using her zip and flashing the ROM, my internal SDCARD got wiped. This caused an LG logo brick. I was able to restore it using the LGflash Tool, then reroot using the apk method, and then reinstalled CWM.

Instead of using the Leslie zip, I just manually wiped cache, delvik, and formatted /system and /data. This time my internal SDCARD was left intact and the flashing worked just fine.

I also had my sdcard wiped by Leslie's script and a failed ROM install after that. I manually wiped and reflashed and was fine.

Weird, I had my internal SD wiped by those scripts. I thought it was just me, so I didn't say anything. Do you guys have your CWM show that your SD cards volume cannot be properly determined after flashing them?

There is nothing in those scripts that goes anywhere near the internal sdcard.
However, strange things can and do happen.

I have used them myself and not had an issue, but to be honest, doing it manually is the better way.

Yeah, I checked Leslie's ZIPs.

There is nothing wrong with them. One formats the system, cache and data partitions and the other formats the system and cache partitions. Neither touch the internal sdcard (/dev/block/mmcblk0p15) or external microSD (/dev/block/mmcblk1p1).

Do any of you happen to be using something which links /data to /sdcard?

Back
Top Bottom