• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Custom Roms

Another word on keyboards...

I had purchase the SlideIT keyboard a long time ago and hadn't really used it. I installed it becauseI like to use the gesture typing when on my tablet. It works pretty well, text prediction is good but no real time prediction when tracing out a word.

Not sure what the cost is now but if anyone is looking for a gesture keyboard that actually works with 4.2, this might work well for you.

If by "gesture" you mean drag your finger around to the letters you want and the word automagically appearing like with Swype, the 4.2 keyboard has that built in. With live prediction no less.

That functionally doesn't well work with any of the 4.2 ROMs. If you have auto correction on the keyboard will crash when going from gesture typing to normal typing. It is listed as a known bug for beach 4.2 ROM.

Swiftkey flow beta gesture typing only works in portrait mode...Kii keyboards crashes the same way stock keyboard does. Not the keyboard's fault... Just a big with the ROMs.

I hope they don't decide to nix that functionality entirely rather than fix it. But then again they're not Gnome devs so we should be good. ;)

Yeah, I love the 4.2 keyboard on my galaxy nexus. But the gesture typing its actually more important to me on my tablet due to the size. This SlideIT keyboard is not bad...but not quite the same experience as the google keyboard

If I know Google, then they are more willing to rebuild the stock keyboard from the ground up to fix the crash issue rather than nix the whole thing lol XD

The issue isn't with Google though. The Android 4.2 keyboard works great on my Galaxy Nexus as it does on everyone's Nexus 4, Nexus 7, and Nexus 10 devices. It is an issue with the custom 4.2 ROMs for the TF101 and I am confident that the EOS team will fix it eventually.

The issue isn't with Google though. The Android 4.2 keyboard works great on my Galaxy Nexus as it does on everyone's Nexus 4, Nexus 7, and Nexus 10 devices. It is an issue with the custom 4.2 ROMs for the TF101 and I am confident that the EOS team will fix it eventually.

I have a Kyocera Rise and tried the 4.2 keyboard on it, same issues. A JB rom for my gtab with that keyboard installed also does it.

Back
Top Bottom