• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CWM 3 only volume rockers work

MacFett

Android Expert
On my wife's Optimus V I have Clockwork Recovery 3.0.2 I think. And the past few times I've been in her recovery only the volume rockers worked correct. Every other button functions as a back button.

On my Optimus elite a reboot would fix any problem I had in recovery. But on the V it is persisting. Anyone had similar and know what to do?

On my wife's Optimus V I have Clockwork Recovery 3.0.2 I think. And the past few times I've been in her recovery only the volume rockers worked correct. Every other button functions as a back button.

On my Optimus elite a reboot would fix any problem I had in recovery. But on the V it is persisting. Anyone had similar and know what to do?

Try a touch screen recovery.
1: The Touch Screen Recovery.
2: The Cannibal Open Touch recovery.
3: The ZenGarden recovery.

The last two have the "fix recovery loop" option like the Xionia recovery.

This will give you the soft keys on the recovery screen.

Note: If I where you I would flash the Paranoid Android ROM (found in the Cold as Ice ROM thread/Optimus S forum). It also has a soft keys option.
Flash it, set up the soft keys option,then back it up, then restore previous ROM. This in case the hard key problem gets worse.

Note #2: The latest MiRaGe ROM is now the best ROM for the V. It is now my daily driver.

Ended up being user error. All of my other devices use the power button to select. I forgot the V uses the camera button. I an all good now. Thanks Andy.

Back
Top Bottom