• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CWM-based touch recovery

Attention moderator. Could you please delete this thread.
Thank you
Stay groovy.
After further discussion, I edited your first post and will leave the thread open.

***Edit...Mod update***: this thread and its link is no longer supported by the OP. He is working on some other things for future threads. We will leave this thread open for now
Thanks for your contribution totlth!!

Upvote 0
I did and it went well the only problem is it doesn't look right with no backup/restore option or option to flash zip

I've never heard of this happening.

First of all, did you try scrolling down. If you didn't or don't know how, just use the volume buttons.

If this is a real problem I'll make this as easy as I can for you.
Download here:
http://db.tt/IHnr1WjD

1.)Place image in the root of your sd card.

2.)open terminal emulator

3.)type: su

4.)press enter

5.)copy and paste what's below
(paste by long pressing at cursor I emulator)

dd if=/sdcard/touch-recovery2.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

Weight untill it is through (you will see more text appear underneath what you just pasted)

Close emulator, boot into recovery.

Upvote 0
(Here comes a 2 year bump)

Does anyone happen to have a working copy of this, the other or the TWRP recovery? I can't for the life of me find them anywhere on here or anywhere else. All links broken due to being old. Wish more people attached files. :)

I happened to get ahold of 100 old MetroPCS and other carrier android phones. In the bunch there is a lot of these Avid 4G's. I plan on selling them or offering them under my Page Plus account as starter phones maybe. So far ive managed to root it and find some ROMS but I dont think the ROMS links work either.

I need working links for recovery and roms or if someone could send me a recovery and a rom or 2 that would be awesome.

Upvote 0
Reactions: noidodroid
Upvote 0

Thanks a bunch brichster. Much appreciated. Are you sure these are for the Avid 4G N9120? I don't think they are. Appears they are for the N800 model.

EDIT: Is the N800 the Virgin Mobile variant of this phone? Specs are almost exact. Same chipset ram etc.. only they show 512mb for the Avid 4G when ZTE's website shows 1GB for it (and i mean the old 2012 edition not the new one).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones