• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CWM question

nwaves

I had some nandroid backups on the SD card and I deleted some of them today, some on my PC, some with ES File Explorer. Now, my phone would not boot in cwm mode anymore, it's stuck to the Motorola logo. I can still boot normally and I can use the phone just fine, only that I can't boot in cwm. I still have the old backups on my PC and can transfer them on the SD card, however, I don't remember which ones were there today.

I just struck me...could this have something to do with me copying some music on the SD card and maybe not having the right permissions on the files?

I had some nandroid backups on the SD card and I deleted some of them today, some on my PC, some with ES File Explorer. Now, my phone would not boot in cwm mode anymore, it's stuck to the Motorola logo. I can still boot normally and I can use the phone just fine, only that I can't boot in cwm. I still have the old backups on my PC and can transfer them on the SD card, however, I don't remember which ones were there today.

I just struck me...could this have something to do with me copying some music on the SD card and maybe not having the right permissions on the files?

Boot while holding the up+down buttons and check if you some how lost your recovery.img file. I don't know how you deleted the backup folders, but you shouldn't have access to the recovery.img while working on those. I would start there to be sure and while you're at it, maybe just re-apply the recovery.img.

Really weird...i tried 5-6 times and it didn't work. I then copied the backup I thought I deleted to the SD card and tried again and it worked on the 4th try...no idea what caused it. I did the same thing each and every time.
I'm running cwm 5.0.2.6 since the TG reloaded days. Should I upgrade it to the newest version? Would old backups still work? Do I just flash the new version the same way I flash the ROM?

Really weird...i tried 5-6 times and it didn't work. I then copied the backup I thought I deleted to the SD card and tried again and it worked on the 4th try...no idea what caused it. I did the same thing each and every time.
I'm running cwm 5.0.2.6 since the TG reloaded days. Should I upgrade it to the newest version? Would old backups still work? Do I just flash the new version the same way I flash the ROM?
Go into download mode using down volume first then power.It will put you in incoming download polling.Hook to computer then access the image file on the MOBILE driver of you phone.If your recovery.img is missing that's the issue.Just put CWM back on.5.0.2.6 should be fine but they have 5.0.2.8 out there as well as a 5.5 version which I'm using now.Hope this helps.

I'm using 5.0.2.8 myself also. I see no need to upgrade. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I can't find a change log (didn't look hard, either), so I don't plan to.
glad you have it working, even if it don't make sense.

Back
Top Bottom