• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CWM Recovery Access and Boot Loop

kuroiJUKAI

Lurker
Aug 29, 2014
My Galaxy Tab 2 has been on cm9 nightly for quite some time, running CWM 6.0.1.1 recovery. I attempted to flash cm11, in which case I received status 7. I then tried to flash cm9 stable using the same procedure, which didn't work. I kept receiving the status 7 error. After removing the "asset" line from the update-script META-INF/com/google/android of the cm zip, as was suggested by a site I found. The status 7 error ceased, but my installations were always aborted. From here, I thought to flash a stock rom using Odin, but my pc does not recognize the device, which made connecting to pc impossible. The only things I have access to are CWM recovery 6.0.1.1, download mode and the boot screen.

Any help in resolving this issue would be immensely appreciated.

Welcome to our AndroidForums, kuroiJUKAI :).

I've moved your thread to the all-things-root sub-forum for the Galaxy Tab 2 for you.

FWIW (I'm not a Tab 2 user/owner), but the status 7 could be because of an incompletely downloaded file or the assert that you removed was indeed cross-checking a setting on your device and failed because that setting did not match.

Asserts are placed in the updater-script files by the ROM devs to ensure that you're not flashing something to the wrong device (i.e., which might cause problems).

Anyway, the root folks in this area should able to help you with your issues.

Cheers and best of luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones