• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CWM & Rom Mgr Not Working After Flashing Stock Rom

rozel

Oct 2, 2011
UK
Hi all

I have been trying to get Sky Go to work on my phone over the past few days and have been successful. However in doing so I find that ClockWorkMod and Rom Manager will no longer work. Let me explain......

When I got my phone at the end of last year I rooted it using a Chain-Fire root - v 4.2, I think. After flashing, it worked perfectly, since when I have flashed the old bootloader to get my USB Jig working to remove the yellow triangle and flashed a patch again to allow the USB Jig to reset the binary counter.

What I had to do to get Sky Go working was to flash the Stock kernal for my Stock Rom (this preserved my root) - I have never messed with my Rom - it is Gingerbread 2.3.4 in a CPW phone here in the UK - the latest as reported by Kies. After that I had to hide my root using Voodoo OTA from the marke, which then got Sky Go working :)

The original Chain-Fire mod v 4.2 installed CWM.

After of course cancelling the "hide root" in Voodoo to show my phone as rooted once more, I went to do a backup, using CWM but it refuses to work. It says my kernal needs v 5.0. Obviously the Stock Rom I flashed to get Sky Go working has thrown CWM some what.

I have downloaded Rom Manager from the Market but this seems not to work either - it starts to work (reboots) but then halts with the following messages: -

E : failed to verify whole-file signature
E : signature verification failed
Installation aborted

Could someone sort me out please???

What I would like is some way of installing a backup previously made before flashing the Stock kernal AND also to make a fresh backup now.

TIA

Thanks for that but reflashing with CF-Root kernal will surely overwrite the Stock, which then means that I am unable to use Sky Go will it not?

I can't get Sky Go to work without flashing the Stock kernal.

What I want is to be able to back up my phone (somehow) and possibly go back to where I was before I flashed the stock kernal.

Is this not possible?

In other words have I lost the ability of backing up and restoring in either CWM or Rom Manager, by flashing to a Stock kernal?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones