• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogenmod 7, Will we ever get it?

Zeroastros

Okay so I really want this and I'm sure many do as well! Now I love these awesome new roms but I think the elites max update would be ICS or Jellybean4.1.2
But that's just me...
I wonder if phenom will be able to retry it. Need some energy I'll donate a couple so you buy yourself some energy drinks :) No I would port it myself but if phenom could not get the camera to work ... then I don't think I could even come close.
Please I hope phenom responds at least a Yes or no! Also don't want to sound like a leech I know you develop for other phones which is awesome! But if this is possible I will help you in anyway!(Yeah I'm stuck with this elite for another 6Months then I'll buy a future phone and donate this to you or Ken:P)
Thanks bro!

I know... Is it possible, now that they released a newer(Well more better/newer than when Phenom ported it), That the camera Bluetooth and video playback work?
I will search up the devices that got this new update and look into it. I really want one and might settle with no camera Bluetooth and video playback

Most people have moved on to the ZTE AWE (works with grandfathered 3G $25 plan) or other 4G plans. That's why traffic is so light on this forum now. If you like an existing ROM, your best bet may be to ask Phenom to sync up to the latest source. I doubt he'll do any more development for this phone. He's a nice guy but is probably too busy for syncing also. BTW, the fastest ROM was probably AOKP 4.2.2. Check out my comments in that thread for the 3 major bugs.

Oh! Lol And I know Phenom is awesome B)
Well that's alright if we don't get anything else. I would buy the awe but I actually am awaiting a invite for the one plus one. I'be heard,seen and also got a hold of one, and that phone is just amazing! Anyways I guess I'll stick with sleipnir( I love the battery life but I guess I might give aokp another shot lol)
Anyways if I don't get the invite I will look into the awe and later wait for pre-orders for the One plus one :)
I will PM Phenom for some porting questions

I used both Sleipnir and AOKP and by far, AOKP was much faster. It's like this phone was built for AOKP. I would have stuck with AOKP but the 3 bugs were a big pain. If you are going to stick with the Elite for a while, it may be worth asking Phenom to sync to latest source on AOKP 4.2.2 and CM 11 (perhaps even throw a few bucks his way as you mentioned in another thread). I'm assuming a sync is pretty quick compared to actual development. Also assuming that the sync will fix the 3 bugs in AOKP and fix some of the memory issues with CM11.

I used both Sleipnir and AOKP and by far, AOKP was much faster. It's like this phone was built for AOKP. I would have stuck with AOKP but the 3 bugs were a big pain. If you are going to stick with the Elite for a while, it may be worth asking Phenom to sync to latest source on AOKP 4.2.2 and CM 11 (perhaps even throw a few bucks his way as you mentioned in another thread). I'm assuming a sync is pretty quick compared to actual development. Also assuming that the sync will fix the 3 bugs in AOKP and fix some of the memory issues with CM11.
Yea sure why not! AOKP is wow on this phone just tweaking it a bit. Also I think jellybean is the max this phone should go to because it runs smooth and cm11 is nice too but I like AOKP anyways I PM'ed phenom will also see what I can to do donate :) also if my friend can't get the opo I can give a invite if anyone would like

I have the cm7 rom for elite, n camara doesnt work and not sure on video and bluetooth tho, but i also tried but im not that knowledgable to begin to fix it lol

I have the cm7 rom for elite, n camara doesnt work and not sure on video and bluetooth tho, but i also tried but im not that knowledgable to begin to fix it lol
If you could upload it somewhere that would be very generous of you! As others might want to try it out.

Hmm okay thanks well I will download the rom from my pc and save it there because my brother now has my elite and apparenlty slimkat has been working great for him
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom