• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cycles Start Up Screens Ad Infinitum

DavidEllzey

Lurker
Jun 29, 2014
Seems like this would have been covered before but I couldn't find it in a search so i guess I will ask.

My wife's trusty old HTC EVO 4G ran its battery out today, it notified of low batt but she didn't have a charger and needed it for directions. Anyhow once she got to her vehicle and put it on charge she then tried to turn it on.

It turns on with the HTC boot screen, then switches to the Sprint animated screen pauses, then starts repeating. The only way to stop the cycle is to pull the battery.

My thought was that she fried her battery but when I borrowed my daughter's fully charged EVO battery it displayed the same behavior.

Any ideas?

Dave

Welcome DavidEllzey :)
Sorry I didn't see this earlier, but have you had any luck since then?
Perhaps leaving the device off, then charging it overnight and try booting it up in the a.m.?

Next step to try would be to boot into the stock recovery and wiping the cache...more on that later;)
Worst case scenario is booting into the stock recovery and doing a factory reset, but that would be a last resort as you will lose whatever you have as far as apps/settings/contacts etc on the device..

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones