• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root D1 can't reply to mail w/ gmail

otter

I'm on a rooted D1. I've had this problem w/ the last couple rooted ROMs. When I reply to a person's email it gets stuck in the outbox. The other day I happened to check it and there were 9 messages in there from the past 3 days that never were sent. I type the message and hit send, but it's never sent. It keeps saying 'sending'

I had this problem today w/ SS 4.7 and prior to that had a problem a few days ago w/ ultimate droid and also whatever other ROM I was using last week. I can't remember. I am pretty sure I went to apps, gmail and cleared data and that didn't help.

Suggestions?

I had the same problem, in one case it said "sending" and stayed there but in fact had been sent. Odd. I was wondering if it didn't like sending via an unsecured wifi connection. It didn't happen enough on the rom I was on to realize it and test it. Presently on UD8 and the problem doesn't exist.

I'm on a rooted D1. I've had this problem w/ the last couple rooted ROMs. When I reply to a person's email it gets stuck in the outbox. The other day I happened to check it and there were 9 messages in there from the past 3 days that never were sent. I type the message and hit send, but it's never sent. It keeps saying 'sending'

I had this problem today w/ SS 4.7 and prior to that had a problem a few days ago w/ ultimate droid and also whatever other ROM I was using last week. I can't remember. I am pretty sure I went to apps, gmail and cleared data and that didn't help.

Suggestions?

This is at least the third time I've heard of this. I haven't noticed the issue personally, but I'll have to check it out. I wonder if this has anything to do with the recent update.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Using the stock email app, I added my work account and my gmail account. Emails from my work/gmail account are received in the stock app but I can only respond to emails using my work account. If I try to respond to an email using the gmail account, it doesn't send. I need to actually go to the gmail app in order to send gmails.

Its not a huge deal, but a bit of an inconvenience to have to open multiple email apps rather than just the one.

Reading that back to myself it is confusing, hope you guys can understand.

Also, I'm running CM6. I remember this being the case using various versions of BB.

I've had things get stuck in the outbox in the past.

I had to clear it in two places:
Gmail
Gmail Storage

However, I couldn't find Gmail Storage in CM6. But maybe you'll see it.

When that happens to me it was because I didn't have sync applied in my power control widget.

After turning it on it took a bit but it got sent...

Back
Top Bottom