• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Damaged SD card?

So after reading this thread i rooted my Lg Optimus V phone and got Superuser on it.

I also installed Link2SD then moved all apps to SD, now my phone does not recognize these apps at all and what is worse I am getting a message: "Damaged SD card. You may have to reformat it". So I was like ok "Format SD card", and when I hit Format nothing happens. Can my phone still be salvaged?

I must admit I read the thread here on rooting the Optimus V phone and it was confusing what to do in order AFTER I root.

I installed Titanium Back up and backed up everything but the phone now keeps saying Titanium is not installed on my phone.

Text messaging is still working and I can place the calls but netoworking is unstable pages load for ever.

I tried to unmount sd card and mount back - it did not help!

Please advise!

Your card could have some corrupt data on it.

Do as suggested in my previous post. Then to get Link2SD installed properly go here: http://androidforums.com/androidfor...963-link2sd-tutorial-new-updated-version.html

It could be your card was not set up properly for Link2SD initially.

If your card is still messed up try using BootIt (google it as I can't remember where it is located). Answer yes to all prompts. It should straighten out you card if nothing else does.

Back
Top Bottom