• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dark Photo Bug

abcasdasd

Lurker
Nov 3, 2010
I just got Motorola Milestone XT weeks ago, and when I first tried taking photos with it, the photos was normal. But after a few days, when I took a photo, the photo started looking dimmer than normal. It was really annoying, and I already tried these solutions:-
1:Turn off Wi-Fi
2:Turn off Wi-Fi then turn on camera - get darken camera then take a picture then view the dark photo then return to camera mode

I did consider complaining to motorola for this problem, so any more solutions?:thinking:

Sorry for the late reply, I tried taking pictures without flash, in night scene and with the battery around 90%, but still having darken picture. Even increasing the brightness in the photo editor makes the colour of the photo 'bad'. FYI I tried factory reset my phone and the problem disappeared. However the bug comes out again after a few days later so don't tell me to keep on factory reset my phone every time. Thank you Szadzik and TelusMilestone for your suggestions. Anymore suggestions? Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Sorry for the late reply, I tried taking pictures without flash, in night scene and with the battery around 90%, but still having darken picture. Even increasing the brightness in the photo editor makes the colour of the photo 'bad'. FYI I tried factory reset my phone and the problem disappeared. However the bug comes out again after a few days later so don't tell me to keep on factory reset my phone every time. Thank you Szadzik and TelusMilestone for your suggestions. Anymore suggestions? Thanks in advance

Maybe it could be a app you are loading that causing this?

Upvote 0
Nope, after killing all the apps the problem's still coming up again. And I had been having some 'side effects' when I started having this bug like camera lens closes sometimes, and after taking a picture, the 'product' is not shown for awhile and goes back to camera directly. Looks like there's something wrong with the camera. I think I'm going to the service center for a replacement :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones