• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DATA/3G Temporarily Fix (Real Simple)

MetroNoob

Mar 7, 2012
Atlanta, GA
www.twitter.com
If your having problems with the 3G losing connectivity, it is because MetroPCS Is increasing it's network. (Of What I've heard, but they have been doing this for two weeks now).

If you need to use your internet some type of way, I've set my phone to 1X only. (CDMA ONLY).

In order to do this you will need your MEID (located in Settings > About Phone > Status), MEID Converter - Free MEID and ESN conversion tool , and your brain.

1. Convert your MEID from the site above to get your MetroPCS SPC Code.
2. Once you have your code, open dialer on your phone and type ##33284# - Also known as the DEBUG MENU.
3. Click on HDR/1X Selection
4. Choose CDMA Only Mode and press OK.

Now your phone will only operate in 1X mainly around the MetroPCS Coverage Map. I know it's slow, but that's the only temporarily fix to the problem.

Have a nice day!

BY THE WAY. TEMPLE RUN IS OUT!!! BUT NOT (YET) COMPATIBLE WITH OUR PHONE. I HAVE AN APK BUT IT JUST FORCE CLOSES. https://play.google.com/store/apps/...51bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5pbWFuZ2kudGVtcGxlcnVuIl0.

Upvote 0
I was looking for a fix to losing my 3g completely, when I tried to activate mobile data from the settings menu I got this error message: Process com.android settings has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
Oncew that came up I couldn't click on the data tab at all.

So in looking for a fix I found this post about getting 1x to work through this workaround. But I tried the 1x and it did work just fine, but right after I enabled the data to work I tried to make a phone call and got this message again: Android process acore has stopped unexpectedly, please try again. Force Close.

So now I got my 1x data back but lost my phone completely, by the way this ACore process problem happened to me just 2 days ago and from what I could find out it is caused by some conflict within the system when syncing data and or phone information. By the way I went back to the fix for the 1x data and instead of checking the cdma only box as instructed I used the dual cdma/evdo switch and got my full 3g back, and it was running faster than before I lost it. Anyway I've got to find a permenant fix for this ACore shut down of phone service before I do anything else.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones