• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ##data# in the dialer not opening on VM phone

JumpinJupiter

Android Enthusiast
Hi guys trying to do some of those 3G tweaks on my phone but when i Dial ##3282# (also known as ##DATA#) Nothing comes up. Please help. Lg Optimous Elite AOKP 4.0.4

##data# command don't work on aokp. I tried.

You will need to do a nand backup and temporary flash back to the stock rom.
http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=623100

Now you are gonna need your MSL to edit those settings. Here is the easy way to get it..

So after you flash the stock rom. Just stay in recovery and flash giantpune custom kernel found here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/z1b5kq

Now go ahead and reboot and install a file explorer. You will need it temporary to get your MSL and write it down.

Do a quick reroot with poot and ministro
They are attached to the first post here: http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=612914

Download preferably Root Explorer

Goto

Sys/devices/virtual/lg_fw_diagclass/lg_fw_diagcmd/lg_fw_diagcmd/msl

Open the MSL file with a text editor and there you should see your 6 digit msl. Write it down.

Now go into stock dialer and do your data edits. I also went ahead and enabled diag mode ##diag#

Then just flash back to AOKP.

This is just how I did it. I'm sure there is other ways. :)

Thanks guys as I was wondering the same thing!

JumpinJupiter, out of curiousity, what 3G tweaks were you wanting to attempt? Can you post a link and let us know how they turn out for you? I want to do some myself along with bypassing the throttle but I can't figure out how...despite COUNTLESS google searches.

(PM me or email mattswad@gmail.com if anyone can help!)

I don't understand why or how you can even stand using 3G on this phone at all, much less 2.5gb's of it! Lol :p

I don't understand why or how you can even stand using 3G on this phone at all, much less 2.5gb's of it! Lol :p

Me either but its been discussed before that some areas have fast Sprint 3G. I personally get very bad speeds unless its a really off peak hour. I just did a speed test and clocked in at 12.9 kps. I could probably leave my phone downloading 24/7 and never reach 2.5GB.

I have no problem getting 2mb/sec after midnight though... we need more tweaks!!! Lol

Test Date: Oct 8, 2013 7:55:38 pm
Connection Type: 1xRTT
Server: Sioux Falls, SD
Download: 1.05 Mbps
Upload: 0.36 Mbps
Ping: 273 ms

External IP:
Internal IP:
Latitude: 47.92847
Longitude: -97.11773
Rom: AOKP

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

613258597.png

Do a quick reroot with poot and ministro
They are attached to the first post here: Optimus Elite root with an apk - Android Forums

Download preferably Root Explorer

Goto

Sys/devices/virtual/lg_fw_diagclass/lg_fw_diagcmd/lg_fw_diagcmd/msl

Open the MSL file with a text editor and there you should see your 6 digit msl. Write it down.

Now go into stock dialer and do your data edits. I also went ahead and enabled diag mode ##diag#

Then just flash back to AOKP.

This is just how I did it. I'm sure there is other ways. :)
Are you sure I need to reroot?

Back
Top Bottom