• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dating apps?

Welcome to Android Forums! Dating apps are a big way people meet, nowadays. You just have to be very careful and protect your privacy. They are a tool and can be useful. Apps like Tinder, from what I understand, are a complete meat market and are not known for their safety. Be careful.

What good dating apps on the internet do you know? How realistic is it to meet with an adequate person?
I'm sorry I can't suggest any dating apps--the last time I dated, the light bulb hadn't been invented yet. :o

But I do have some suggestions/advice!

Your safety should be your top concern. Regardless of how nice someone seems online, keep in mind you don't REALLY know them. Your first meeting should be in a populated public place, like a mall or restaurant.

I just saw on the news last night that a man, who showed up in a parking lot to meet his date, was jumped by her two male pals. It was all a setup to lure him there and then rob him. So watch what you're doing!

I used only Tinder.
You can see many such applications exist. There are also separate dating sites. I once talked for a long time on such site and found a girlfriend, we are in a relationship now.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are no good dating apps. And the chances of meeting an adequate person are slim to none. Those sites are full of bots, catfishes, and scammers than they are real profiles. If you just want to chat, yeah. Meet somebody, no.

There are no good dating apps. And the chances of meeting an adequate person are slim to none. Those sites are full of bots, catfishes, and scammers than they are real profiles. If you just want to chat, yeah. Meet somebody, no.

Hi

Out of curiosity, do you say this from personal experience or is this just your opinion?

Hi

Out of curiosity, do you say this from personal experience or is this just your opinion?

Sadly, from experience. Some are better than others and you can meet somebody but I think for that it has to be a premium service that charges a high enough price. But anything free are full of chatbots trying to get you to click on links or direct you elsewhere from the site you're on. Then there's the people that are real, but everything they say and how they portray themselves is a lie.

Sadly, from experience. Some are better than others and you can meet somebody but I think for that it has to be a premium service that charges a high enough price. But anything free are full of chatbots trying to get you to click on links or direct you elsewhere from the site you're on. Then there's the people that are real, but everything they say and how they portray themselves is a lie.

Ty for your honest answer.

That makes perfect sense to me. I'm not in the market for dating, and I've been happily married now for a long time. But if I was dating these days, I would be going for a paid service, rather than something free.

I met my ex in an online chat with my ex fellow flock of friends, but got tired of that for a super long time, my girlfriend I met through a few mutual friends of mine too. I highly would not recomended it either, its kind of robbing your own privacy online.

Yes I've read also heard comments of tinder been a meat market..also I've met more than one people who have said they've met their ONE in tinder..now of course..that doesn't work like that for every one..

The woman I'm currently seen I met her in tinder..and it's been about 8 months..for her I'm the one..BUT(neither i don't wanna sound too narcissistic..nor I don't wanna lose your all respect by the way I may sound) she definitely isn't the one for me..all types of people come across this dating platforms..some of them are psychos..she is one of those.

Yes I've read also heard comments of tinder been a meat market..also I've met more than one people who have said they've met their ONE in tinder..now of course..that doesn't work like that for every one..

The woman I'm currently seen I met her in tinder..and it's been about 8 months..for her I'm the one..BUT(neither i don't wanna sound too narcissistic..nor I don't wanna lose your all respect by the way I may sound) she definitely isn't the one for me..all types of people come across this dating platforms..some of them are psychos..she is one of those.

Oh my.

Try to avoid ANY product or service that is "free" - if you are using a product or service that you don't pay for, you are the product and the mining of your personal data for sale to the highest bidder is the service.

The Darling Bride had tried (against my better judgment( to hook up her sister on a couple of those dating sites. The problem - like several have already mentioned - is that it's so easy to paint oneself in an ideal light online. You don't get to see every side of who they are: just the side they want you to see. And that's if they're an actual person at all... the sisterly relationship was shattered over a scammer she was convinced would give her the life of luxury she'd always been denied, even though we and everyone else (including local law enforcement) had proven to her it was a scam. She wanted to believe it that badly.

I suggest meeting someone the old fashioned way: go where people go. We are social creatures. Make eye contact, smile and offer a sincere compliment. Ask open questions. Put yourself out there in places and situations to meet people. You may be surprised how enjoyable it is - even though you don't meet that special someone right away!

Last edited:
Try to avoid ANY product or service that is "free" - if you are using a product or service that you don't pay for, you are the product and the mining of your personal data for sale to the highest bidder is the service.

The Darling Bride had tried (against my better judgment( to hook up her sister on a couple of those dating sites. The problem - like several have already mentioned - is that it's so easy to paint oneself in an ideal light online. You don't get to see every side of who they are: just the side they want you to see. And that's if their an actual person at all... the sisterly relationship was shattered over a scammer she was convinced would give her the life of luxury she'd always been denied, even though we and everyone else (including local law enforcement) had proven to her it was a scam. She wanted to believe it that badly.

I suggest meeting someone the old fashioned way: go where people go. We are social creatures. Make eye contact, smile and offer a sincere compliment. Ask open questions. Put yourself out there in places and situations to meet people. You may be surprised how enjoyable it is - even though you don't meet that special someone right away!

On topic: I met my wife-to-be through her mutal friends at my side occupation, so yeah, knew her friends first before the Queen landed there.

Avoid bars & clubs. Meat markets are not the place to find true love. Try the:

Grocery store
Church
Coffee shop
Library
Laundromat (help her fold her dainties for extra extra points)

:D

I met my late wife waaaaaaaaay the heck before dating apps. I met my second in church. When you got it? You got it. ;) LOL (joking around)

It is so very easy to project a different or enhanced persona on the internet. It would be difficult for me to put any faith in a dating app. Perhaps they work to some degree but it would be my last resort. I'd put my faith and luck in meeting that special person in any sort of social circle long before I'd try online. Church, volunteering, clubs, sports, any sort of activity where you are a part of a group would be my choice of meeting someone special.

Back
Top Bottom