• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dead Triumph (was: Battery problem running CM7)

Just gonna throw my issue in here too, I seem to be having the same issues as OP. I recently upgraded from MIUI to the latest CM7 reloaded build (3/4 build I think). Plugged it in last night with maybe 13% battery left. When I woke up this morning my phone said it was at 0%, and the red charging light was still on. So I unplug my phone, and the thing is now dead, with the same symptoms as OP. Maybe there is an issue with the new build of CM7? Anyways, time to call up VM.

I want to confirm that this has happened to me TWICE!!!

Here's the story. I was having issues with my internet lately and so I often use PDAnet for USB tethering. So all I did was something I've done tones of times, I left it plugged in overnight downloading all sorts of goodies. In the morning it was dead and wouldn't charge or show an red indicator light.

I called up VM and they sent me over a whole new MT in box. So the first thing I did was put the new battery in my old phone and VIOLA it worked. So I was able to backup everything and then root the new phone and restore from the backup.

When I had it all setup, I left it on overnight using PDAnet again. I thought the first time the issue happened it was due to using a different USB cord. This time I used the one that came with the new phone and it happened AGAIN!!!

So this leads me to believe it is possibly a CM7 issue.

Strange that it was working for many months no problem, but then it happened back to back???

I called VM immediately the next morning and asked them to send me over just a new battery. And then I went on eBay and ordered 2 batteries and an external charger for $10.

I'll let you all know how it works out.

Back
Top Bottom