• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Default save location for camera

Hello,

I"m trying to change the default save location for the camera. I click on the settings in the camera app, and it bring up the storage options, I have a 16gb card installed, formatted as storage, but the option for "save location" is grey out. Please help?

Attachments

• 2016-12-19 13.50.24.png
    2016-12-19 13.50.24.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 444
Can you please make a test?

Download the Open Camera app from the Google Store and try to set the default storage location on the SD card to see whether it's a hardware related issue.

Hi LVT

I downloaded the Open Camera App. Under save location, it just give me an option of saving to a parent folder or to chose a new folder. I don't see any option for SD CARD

No probs here. Metro variant, B12 firmware, stock camera, Samsung 128gb card used as storage.

Screenshot_20161219-125125.png

Reactions: lvt
Hi LVT

I downloaded the Open Camera App. Under save location, it just give me an option of saving to a parent folder or to chose a new folder. I don't see any option for SD CARD
Screenshot_2016-12-20-11-35-28-839.jpeg

Did you open the left menu to see if you can access the SD card?

If the SD card is accessible, you can select a folder or create a new one for the app.

I did format the card as internal storage, I just reformatted the card again. I can transfer programs to the card. This is what I see in Open Camera. I did not see the screen you posted above.

How are you is the other user on B12, I thought that update was pulled?

Attachments

• 2016-12-20 12.45.50.png
    2016-12-20 12.45.50.png
    182.2 KB · Views: 253
  • 2016-12-20 12.45.55.png
    2016-12-20 12.45.55.png
    140.4 KB · Views: 253
If you have reformatted your SD card as portable storage, your stock camera app should be able to store photos on the SD card.

If you want to continue using Open Camera, you can click New Folder and type the path to the folder where you want it to save the photos.

Thanks for all your help....I thought internal storage meant picstures and videos, but from what you are telling me, I would have to format as portable.

Thanks agian...

Any idea on update to B12 or Nougat?

Thanks for all your help....I thought internal storage meant picstures and videos, but from what you are telling me, I would have to format as portable.

Thanks agian...

Yes if you want to have separate storages you should format your SD card as portable storage. If you format it as adoptive storage it will be virtually merged with the internal memory so you don't have an external storage anymore, that's why the option for the SD card is grayed out.

I have no idea about future Android upgrade, I believe the current version is the most stable for your device.

Thanks agian...

Rumor is the update to b12 was pulled by MetroPCS. Someone else may be able to verify but I don't know anyone who is able to update now. I updated the day it came out.

As far as Nougat, we probably won't get that until next year so don't think it's coming anytime soon. (I hope I'm wrong though lol)

Back
Top Bottom