• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deleted

Depends what you want to hide.

Pix, try 'hide n seek' but it won't hide the folder, it will just put a .hide extention into the pictures you select, its disguised as a flashlight app once installed.

Sms ... You can use something like 'pi.soft backup' to back them up, encrypted if need be (their idea of encrypted is to store then as raw binary) once backed up you can delete the sms from your phone and restore them at a later date.

Upvote 0
Get a second phone. It's the ONLY way to ensure that things you don't want to be found stay unfound. Of course, you have then make sure the second phone isn't found, so you have to keep it in the car. Ideally a second car that the wife doesn't know about. And to make sure she never sees the second car, it's a good idea to buy a second house to park the second car at.

Just to be safe.

Upvote 0
Depends on what you want to hide? Texts, calls, contacts, pictures? There's not really one app that does them all. I think Handcent has a "blacklist" option or something like that which will hide texts messages from certain people, and GoSMS allows you to encrypt them (although you can still see the messages there, just can't read them).

Upvote 0
If your looking for internet access that doesnt store anything, no history, no passwords, no cookies, try InBrowser. If you use an alternate web browser (skyfire, dolphin, etc) check your stock browser, because these actually use the stock browser and will show history and even downloaded items even if you clear the history and cookies and everything else from the other browsers.

Vaulty for pictures and vids, and Shady is about the best for sms.

Upvote 0
Get a second phone. It's the ONLY way to ensure that things you don't want to be found stay unfound. Of course, you have then make sure the second phone isn't found, so you have to keep it in the car. Ideally a second car that the wife doesn't know about. And to make sure she never sees the second car, it's a good idea to buy a second house to park the second car at.
...and a second billing address. Seriously. If you need to ask, don't do it. It's not rocket science. If you can't sort it out for yourself you're going to get busted. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
My BB had an app with a picture of a safe for an icon. I liked it. I could store passwords there, without worrying about losing my phone and having someone rape me financially. Plus, if I ran into a cop with one of those devices that sucks a copy of all your data, it would be encrypted.

I'm new to Android, but there's gotta be something similar. Educamate me.

Edit: NM. Found the thread, going with Keepass.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones