• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Deleting all files on Android: How to it?

Hey guys, I've got a generic Chinese tablet here running Android and I want to give it to my nephew. I've used it to store my personal files so I just want to wipe it completely so that nothing is recoverable.

I'm 99% sure it uses a type of 'Flash storage' and doesn't have a mechanical HDD.

How can I wipe this completely so that recovery isn't possible? If I wanted to, how could I destroy the 'Flash storage' inside the device so that nothing can be recovered???

Thanks for any help!

You might check within your settings to see if there is an option to factory reset your tablet. That will achieve what you are after. It will remove all added apps, texts, photos etc and take your tablet back to the state when it left the factory.

Easier since you have an sd card. Move all pics, music ect to that. It won't be touched during a factory reset
SCRAP THAT I misread sorry, sdcard is just the name the system gives to your internal user storage which WILL be wiped during a factory reset

I haven't heard of any way to recover data from the internal "sd" tbh unless you're the FBI lol.
External sd yeah there are ways.
I wouldn't worry about it tbh.
Factory reset twice to be sure :thumbsupdroid:

Back
Top Bottom