• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Deleting apk files to free up internal memory?

geminiguy

Newbie
I've read somewhere that to free up some internal memory that I should go into file manager and delete any downloaded apk files. Everytime I try though it just keeps saying apk file cannot be deleted. I'm not refering to the bloatware but the apk file from apps I've downloaded from market place. Does my optimus have to be rooted to delete those? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I'm still fairly new to android phones.
 
You need to uninstall them properly is all. ;)

Menu, Settings, Applications, Manage Applications. Locate on this list which app you installed from the Market that you want removed and tap on it. When the new window opens, tap on the uninstall button. :)

Also remember to check the user manual that came with your phone. Just about anything you need to know can be found in there.
 
You will have to root it. The standard way of deleting will show the uninstall bitton but it will not be highlighted and cannot click it. after rooting get titanium back up. There is a free & a 5.99 version. The free will uninstall anything.
 
Back
Top Bottom