• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root deleting system apps?

Just make sure you know what apps you can safely delete - zap the wrong one and you can create instabilities (e.g. remove Flickr and the HTC phonebook will crash when you try to change to some views).

Also you won't have more space for user apps - these are in a different partition. So if you just don't want to see them in your app drawer, or have them running in the background you can use Titanium Backup to "freeze" them (may be a feature of the paid version only), which disables them reversibly. This has an obvious advantage if removing it does break something (though I'm pretty sure the ones you mention are safe to remove: stocks was the first thing I killed, and I'm pretty sure I stopped footprints as well - as I'm not currently using a Sense ROM I can't check.).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones