• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV] ClockworkMod Recovery and CyanogenMod 7.1 on the Samsung Admire

honestly ik family does come first but i dnt thing hes going to work on it anymore cause he has in the past worked on a different phone even though his daughter was sick. Its been a while since word from him...We have other developers that are great and working on stuff for us i would just forget about unforgiven.
Not to be rude in any way but this is exactly why i did not donate. I have had it happen before where I have sent a decent amount of money and then the dev skips out. I understand people have problems but I feel bad for the people who were kind enough to donate to him and got nothing in return.

Upvote 0
I can understand that. But you know live and learn. I sent money to krylon when he first picked up the admire project. Then I sent money to Unforgiven when he started and now we are at mystery and a few others they/he will be sent money for there work. The end result is that we will have a nice rom or possibly many roms once the first is complete. especially now that we have cwm. It will get done.I am disabled and live on disability so i cant afford much. So I am glad for every upgrade I can get.
All is good,
Doug

Upvote 0
to be fair each person mentioned did do something and it didnt go to waste when you consider that all the work unforgiven did on CWM didnt go to waste as it then went to the other dev who finished it so even then the donations did go towards something but I know most of us were donating in the hopes of a CM7 and CM9 port.

Upvote 0
to be fair each person mentioned did do something and it didnt go to waste when you consider that all the work unforgiven did on CWM didnt go to waste as it then went to the other dev who finished it so even then the donations did go towards something but I know most of us were donating in the hopes of a CM7 and CM9 port.

well.. actually just to clear up some stuff. i knew unforgiven had been working on it as he was nice enough to tell me how to get into download mode. but earlier this week when i wanted to know where things where at i pm'ed unforgiven, i messaged him on irc and days went by without a response. so i was completely unaware that his code was available anywhere. as such when we started working towards what is now the current form of cwm.. we used the device files from the prevail when the prevail team was porting cm7.

so as nice as it was for him to have done all that work... in the end the only thing we used from him was how to get into download mode

Upvote 0
well given light of some new information, I re-frame from my previous position and now agree that current actions by unforgiven is disappointing and should have been handled better even in light of his family troubles. I do still wish the best for his daughter but I think this has now changed my position on donations, as for myself I will donate on completion of work versus before.

Reactions: jceniceros
Upvote 0
Ok, I went through all of the steps, everything checked out as far as the instructions go, but, when I boot into recovery, it does not say Clock Work Mod, there is the option to install from Zip, but not many options, such as Backup, any information is appreciated...

Um... it didn't flash...
It it doesn't say clockworkmod 5.some random numbers it didn't flash...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones