• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV] Continuing Triumph ICS Development

Well this is his sources on git: https://github.com/ardX
But they haven't been updated in a while. Just ask him if he could update to the newest sources.

Oh and I seen on tjstyle's thread that he didn't have to make nearly any edits to the cameraHAL from dzo. So I'm wondering if we could fork his and see if we could do it without any edits?

Here it is if you need it

Edowar tried that for a while and didn't succeed. I think there are other changes needed--possibly in framework. That's why I want to see the changes.

Why cant we just edit some stuff on the rom to make it work for the motorola triumph?

Edit what exactly?

Edowar tried that for a while and didn't succeed. I think there are other changes needed--possibly in framework. That's why I want to see the changes.

Edit what exactly?

The kernel to work on our phones so we can use the camera. Or you devs are already working on that and if he updates his source thing ya'll wont have to edit nothing just use their upstream? Also how come we can use ideos x6 GB roms on our phones but not their ICS ones?

mantera, are you getting some gps errors? I seem to be running into them in all my builds?
I even pulled in your gps files.

Isn't that the definition of Java? Lol

Sent from my WX435 using Tapatalk
LOL, same thing happens with HTML markup, only with the carrots, < and >. I remember trying to write a web page from scratch, and messing up once, and having half of the page not render! :eek:

Hey mantera, what 3.0.x kernel did you pull in, and what commit (and from who) did you add in the fih changes. I just tries to cherry pick th's fih changes commit overtook of the android-msm-2.6.35 branch of the code Aurora msm kernel repo and had merge conflicts like crazy!

Because my method on getting a 3.0.x kernel ain't working to well so I'm game to try something else!

So did you get the commit merged in? If you wanna send me the build errors and how to get the source to where you got it ill see what I can do!

Hey mantera, what 3.0.x kernel did you pull in, and what commit (and from who) did you add in the fih changes. I just tries to cherry pick th's fih changes commit overtook of the android-msm-2.6.35 branch of the code Aurora msm kernel repo and had merge conflicts like crazy!

Because my method on getting a 3.0.x kernel ain't working to well so I'm game to try something else!

So did you get the commit merged in? If you wanna send me the build errors and how to get the source to where you got it ill see what I can do!

I was using the ICS-Chocolate 3.0.8 kernel as the base so that we could use Qualcomm's new adreno drivers without any additional work since their drivers were designed for the ics-chocolate kernel. I also tried using tjstyles' FIH commit. I just haven't had a lot of time to continue on that project for now. If you want to try to finish it, I pushed what I currently have to github for you:

https://github.com/mantera/icschoc30-kernel

Mantera, don't know if you occured this, but when building AOSP, I get it to build normally with little to none errors. Now when I flash it, I get no errors on recovery.log, but it gets stuck at the M logo, then reflashes the M logo (Sort of like a bootloop, but on Splash Screen) and then force boots into recovery. I have no idea whatsoever what the problem is and I can't get a logcat of it.

Any ideas? Or should I just fork each repository that you have forked?

Mantera, don't know if you occured this, but when building AOSP, I get it to build normally with little to none errors. Now when I flash it, I get no errors on recovery.log, but it gets stuck at the M logo, then reflashes the M logo (Sort of like a bootloop, but on Splash Screen) and then force boots into recovery. I have no idea whatsoever what the problem is and I can't get a logcat of it.

Any ideas? Or should I just fork each repository that you have forked?

What kernel are you using? Last time that happened to me I had messed up the kernel. Also, the boardconfig.mk could be messed up.

Talk about build errors on the 3.0 kernel! Lol this ain't gonna be an easy feat!!

I wasn't kidding. Lol.

What kernel are you using? Last time that happened to me I had messed up the kernel. Also, the boardconfig.mk could be messed up..

I'll look into both of those. But I pulled straight from your device files.. odd.

EDIT: you're actually most likely right. I edited the BoardConfig to grab 50000 instead of 50001 for gps and that could be my problem here.

I'll look into both of those. But I pulled straight from your device files.. odd.

EDIT: you're actually most likely right. I edited the BoardConfig to grab 50000 instead of 50001 for gps and that could be my problem here.

In your boardconfig.mk file, in the file system section, the first line looks a little strange--like you accidentally pasted the device_resolution portion into the middle of that line. Did you mean for that line to be like that?

In your boardconfig.mk file, in the file system section, the first line looks a little strange--like you accidentally pasted the device_resolution portion into the middle of that line. Did you mean for that line to be like that?

Oh wow. Glad you caught that. I don't know what happened there.
But alas, that's only for my AOKP build. And odd enough it hasn't thrown errors at me... I really hope this gps thing fixes the build..

Okay so it didn't fix the build, but a quick glance through the libs told me something, and I'm almost positive that the ROM has to function with a hwcomposer if I'm correct. Yeah it was lacking that. And a few other libs.

Ok, so here's where I was before I had to get my phone replaced.

This is my fork of tjstyle's camera repo which was forked from dzo's camera repo:

https://github.com/mantera/hardware_qcom_camera

The repo builds but causes a bootloop wherein the camera.msm7x30.so kills some other services.

Here is my fork of Evervolv's camera repo:

https://github.com/mantera/android_hardware_qcom_camera

The repo builds and the phone boots fine but camera doesn't work (obviously).

At one point, dzo's/tjstyle's repo and Evervolv's repo started from the same code. However, dzo made a bunch of changes before his initial commit so there's no history of those changes on github.

If you compare the two repo's, you'll see that many/most of the functions in the QualcommCamera.cpp and QcomCamera.cpp files are the same but the code in each function are different.

So I was in the process of comparing the files and trying to pinpoint where in the code in tjstyle's camera files that was causing the bootloops before I had to replace my phone. Maybe somebody else has a better approach; this could lead nowhere...

Also, here's some links that may/may not be helpful with this that I recently found and started going through:

[DEV][CM7/AOSP] Hack you way into proprietary libs with gdb and IDA Pro - xda-developers

http://log4think.com/debug-android-logging/

i just logged into my XDA account (first time in weeks). I see i got a PM from TJ style. i had asked him for help on the camera for CM9, this is what he said

"Oh sorry, i realy forgot about that.
Very busy with real work so i forgot to push my changes to the repo.

Really sorry about that, will push that when my job is finish.
Sorry..

Sent from my FIH-FB0"

He said sorry 3 times!! I PM'ed him back and said if he wanted to make up for it he could help us out. i was joking but maybe he'll say yes.

I don't know if anyone still follows this thread, but I was able to finally get this rom to boot with tjstyle's code. The camera still isn't working but it's a step closer. The error now is that it's not passing the camera info so the camera fails to open. I might be able to force it to open the front or the back camera, but I'm going to try a few things first to see if I can get it to work the way it supposed to. Right now it takes me 3-4 hours to build the rom so progress will be slow. But there is hope! :D

Go you! The bad thing is most of the developers went to xda even though they said they will still be checking here. Im not to big on xda yet because there isnt as much activity and you have to have at least 10 post until you can get into any of the threads that really matter. I do read the other threads but people dont seem to be posting as much. I just hope when there are updates they will let us know over here.

Back
Top Bottom