• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dev Needed... 2.1 Running on the Behold 2

Ok so I have uploaded the original source for the SGH-T939 to my old website since it's better than using them stupid free services. I'll keep it there for a few weeks so you guys can download it. I guess what your looking for is in the kernel source folder under sound (maybe). To give you an idea of what is included here is some ls snapshots.

In ./kernel/sound

Code:
ac97_bus.c
aoa
arm
core
drivers
i2c
isa
Kconfig
last.c
Makefile
mips
oss
parisc
pci
pcmcia
ppc
sh
soc
sound_core.c
sound_firmware.c
sparc
spi
synth
usb
In ./kernel/drivers is this

Code:
accessibility
acpi
amba
ata
atm
auxdisplay
base
block
bluetooth
cdrom
char
clocksource
connector
cpufreq
cpuidle
crypto
dca
dio
dma
dpram
edac
eisa
firewire
firmware
gpio
gpu
hid
hwmon
i2c
ide
ieee1394
infiniband
input
isdn
Kconfig
leds
lguest
macintosh
Makefile
mca
md
media
memstick
misc
mmc
mtd
net
nubus
of
oprofile
parisc
parport
pci
pcmcia
pnp
power
ps3
rapidio
regulator
rtc
s390
sbus
scsi
serial
sh
sn
spi
ssb
switch
tc
telephony
thermal
uio
usb
video
virtio
w1
watchdog
xen
zorro
That is among a ton of other things included in the package (has the original cupcake build scripts as well).

Hopefully this helps, if I have more time I'll see what else I can do to help. For now, good luck!

http://www.simpledevelopment.org/behold2/SGH-T939_Update_1.zip

Thanks, I'll have another look at it, might missed something

Upvote 0
Eugene,
I only have minor programming skills, but if I can be of any help with this, just point me in the right direction and I have the time to devote to helping

I might have to take you up on that, as I'm putting together a vendor for CM, might only be 1.6, but now that we have a working recovery we need to at least ( or somebody ) get this setup and working :D

Upvote 0
You mean via non-script means, no ?

If so....I'm in...

Eugene....I do development for medical instruments, so C/C++ not an issue for me, I'm just not "build" guy. You point me at components that need to be worked on, I can do the work, I'll just need some guidance on getting the build environment set up properly.

THEN....we can talk about what's/where's....I still think we should hit up Sammie to get them to release the driver source for the 1.6 OTA drop. At this point....what are they losing...it's costing them NOTHING.

I'll drop you a PM with some contact info, in/when you have a few minutes to talk on freenode or whatever.

EDIT: .....Please, drop me a PM Eugene...seems your inbox is full. I tried to forward you my info and it wouldn't let me.

Upvote 0
I might have to take you up on that, as I'm putting together a vendor for CM, might only be 1.6, but now that we have a working recovery we need to at least ( or somebody ) get this setup and working :D

Just popped in to see what ever happened to the Bh2 effort :)

Did you never try to get a i7500 kernel working on the bh2? The hardware is identical, except for the memory and bootloader. Was rfs still an issue with that? The galaxy effort seems to be almost complete. They have a fully working rom now :)

Upvote 0
If I recall, the issue is that samsung basically outsourced those drivers to a third party and therefor do not have the rights to release them, you may have to do some digging and contact said 3rd party.

Though I could be wrong, I haven't read up on BH2 stuff in a couple of months.

You wouldn't happen to know who they outsourced the drivers to, would you ? Or some idea of who to start the pursuit through ?

What about taking a port from the i7500 like ( drakaz ) drakaz has going ? How many drivers would have to be modified to get things like cam, wifi, BT, and such to work ?

Upvote 0
I've been in touch with Samsung and they beating around the bush. I think I might be making some progress though, so cross your fingers and I'll let you know what comes of all these headaches. I plan on getting another phone so I can begin active development on my sgh-t939.

What are they going to tell you? It's not like they are going to get a crew together to archive all the code and release everything as open source. Nor are they going to make drivers compiled for 2.1-2.3 Android. It's a lost cause. There is nothing more that can be done.

Upvote 0
I've been in touch with Samsung and they beating around the bush. I think I might be making some progress though, so cross your fingers and I'll let you know what comes of all these headaches. I plan on getting another phone so I can begin active development on my sgh-t939.

need help? who are you in touch with? could be worth more than one person bugging them again.

Upvote 0
As an update via BH_mans twitter, He is mainly working on the bh2 from his updates and is going through source via his last post, I strongly recommend following him.

Update on the phone. I believe he is currently working on a "cookie cutter" rom where he will supply the bare bones of what is needed and allow the community/user to tweak it where they want.

Upvote 0
As an update via BH_mans twitter, He is mainly working on the bh2 from his updates and is going through source via his last post, I strongly recommend following him.

Update on the phone. I believe he is currently working on a "cookie cutter" rom where he will supply the bare bones of what is needed and allow the community/user to tweak it where they want.

It is great, for us, that even though BH_Man has moved on phone wise, he still has a soft spot for this thing. I love the tenacity! Wish I had the skills or the money to contribute.

Upvote 0
If you look at the I7000 kernel source and the behold 2 source, they might as well be the same, over the weekend I've been working on the source & from what i can tell. 2.1 / 2.2 might be easy pending if I can address the i7500 & merged the kernel header address to the behold 2.

The only main difference is the fact the behold 2 supports rfs which might just need a few edits in the kconfigs + adding in the correct files for it.

sadly I've never checked the i7500 kernel source until now :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones