• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [dev][rom]

I dint got the sound in HD2 and camera app was also not working properly it was opening but but when i click photo it just stuck and when i check in d gallery d pic was there and sometimes the flash was just on had to reboot to make it off. So could u let me know what all change u made to make d sound and the camera work will check it with those changes.

I sorted out all problems that u mentioned shahabaz...after few more work on it..i will release a complete version of hd2 ROM.... i have modified lots of icons and settings.... added all modules and others things... :) only Network icon is not good...i will try to edit that by de-compile systemUI.apk and framework apk .... :)

Upvote 0
bro its blurry without the fix

try inside ur home,

its kinda brown coloured blurry screen like the screen which we had seen in sagarwep's early roms

yes dear it is..but photos r not affected by screen dots. can u change network icons? as i have edited UI & Framwork apk but there is 'G' and tower in network icon on status bar.... :(

Upvote 0
It may be "Choti Muh..Badi Baat"
But after some day's of observation, what i felt im writing..

1. The initiative is good..
2. But off late, topic is wavering a bit..
3. I think, First of all FIX the TEAM
4. It can be in groups also
5. Most experienced guys to fix most critical issues
6. Or for example: Multi-tasking -> Sagar; Camera -> Sai (something like that)
7. My point is, if we keep looking for the most perfect ROM as base, then what is left much for development? (i dont know much on development, so i may be wrong..)
8. Orelse, pick two base ROMs (as a contingency)..so if we get stuck on one, we have another to continue.

9. MOST IMPORTANT: What are the things to be done? Cant we make a wishlist and make a permalink. First let us be sure of targets.

10. May be
Build1: Better Ram, Multi-tasking
Build2: Video Call from Dialer as well as Skype
Build3: Audio Boost
etc etc

I sincerely hope this initiative wont be abandoned half way.. thats why i thought i would just tell.. because i have seen several times "rasta bhatak jaata hai"

Upvote 0
It may be "Choti Muh..Badi Baat"
But after some day's of observation, what i felt im writing..

1. The initiative is good..
2. But off late, topic is wavering a bit..
3. I think, First of all FIX the TEAM
4. It can be in groups also
5. Most experienced guys to fix most critical issues
6. Or for example: Multi-tasking -> Sagar; Camera -> Sai (something like that)
7. My point is, if we keep looking for the most perfect ROM as base, then what is left much for development? (i dont know much on development, so i may be wrong..)
8. Orelse, pick two base ROMs (as a contingency)..so if we get stuck on one, we have another to continue.

9. MOST IMPORTANT: What are the things to be done? Cant we make a wishlist and make a permalink. First let us be sure of targets.

10. May be

I sincerely hope this initiative wont be abandoned half way.. thats why i thought i would just tell.. because i have seen several times "rasta bhatak jaata hai"

My Sincere Agreement to whatever ESSuraj has pointed out. The thread is off topic a bit because things related to development of a ROM are being considered late as compared to FINDING a Base ROM to work on.

You guys need to Start on with something, You guys are soo many together. Why don't you each first install a different ROM on your devices then post a list of qualities each ROM has. Then after you've tested every ROM here on AF, then you can pick out the one with maximum pre-built qualities and continue on them.

Consider this advice and you guys would head somewhere.
"Nothing is achieved standing the same spot..."

Regards
AD

Upvote 0
Thats correct that we need to start working and hence i have downloaded the above 2 ROMs and tested them and yesterday i downloaded another new ROM and testing it. It is also of the Lenovo yonip series and somewhat similar to Sagarwep ICS ROM and Anarchy ROM just made few changes in the scripts and now testing it if all goes well we can work on it to get it perfect. the good thing is that CRT ON and OFF both working well on it and also multitask and there are some other good features so just give me some time will provide review of it and if its a battery friendly then we can work on it.

Upvote 0
Thats correct that we need to start working and hence i have downloaded the above 2 ROMs and tested them and yesterday i downloaded another new ROM and testing it. It is also of the Lenovo yonip series and somewhat similar to Sagarwep ICS ROM and Anarchy ROM just made few changes in the scripts and now testing it if all goes well we can work on it to get it perfect. CRT ON and OFF both working on it and has some good features so just give me some time will provide review of it and if its a battery friendly then we can work on it.

Can it be tomorrow? If you can provide the reviews for all three in 3 separate posts tomorrow then we'll select the best tomorrow.

And to all other members too, you all need to post your results by tomorrow evening. Then we'll draw the useless one's out of the checklist and choose our dream ROM.

All the Best Guys.

I know my friends, the BETA Test Experts of A75 ATR Sub-Forums and Micromax A75 Development Family can do this with ease. Check that thread if you don't know whom I am talking about.

Take care.
AD

Upvote 0
Buddies got one more ROM and had downloaded it its also a Ported Lenovo A60 ROM but the base is some different ROM of some Note its Chinese will confirm it by tomorrow after flashing it and will report back may be by tomorrow about both the ROMs so hope we will be getting finalized on the base ROM may be by tomorrow its said that the newly downloaded ROM is a gamers ROM hope it will be as if flashing it now so will let you know if it is a Good ROM.

Upvote 0
Buddies got one more ROM and had downloaded it its also a Ported Lenovo A60 ROM but the base is some different ROM of some Note its Chinese will confirm it by tomorrow after flashing it and will report back may be by tomorrow about both the ROMs so hope we will be getting finalized on the base ROM may be by tomorrow its said that the newly downloaded ROM is a gamers ROM hope it will be as if flashing it now so will let you know if it is a Good ROM.

Bro, What I was thinking was that we already have about 10 choices for ROM's. Why don't we consider something from them first. We must not go looking for more other ROM's after we're done looking at those.

I recommend that we first make something from those ROM's.

ADProgrammer

Upvote 0
Just give me few minutes and i will post the review of both the ROMs as those are the ROMs on which we havent worked and both are different and have good features i have screeshots of them also so give me few minutes guys as i am writing the review only and haan the new ROM is just a stock 2.3.6 and its too fast and yes i can be a gamers ROM as it is said so wait for few minutes.

Upvote 0
Okay guys here I am with the complete review of both the ROMs with the screenshots for ur reference so that you can just have a look at what these two ROMs look like.

1st YonipMOD 5.4 beta 2.3.5
When I downloaded this ROM and flashed it I found that it is having the build version as Yonip 5.3.8 may be darkasylum666 forget to change the display ID in build prop may be.
Ok this ROM has good features and its like the sagarweps ROMs but battery drains a bit fastes in it. I copy the apps from d data folder and put them in the system/app and had deleted the data and also sd card folder from the ROM zip and make necessary changes in the update script and flashed it to get everything proper as an update. It has the CRT ON and OFF both working fine without DELAY. Has a settings button in the notification where we can select the toggle buttons if we need more It also has a wifi tethering toggle along with wifi button i mean 2 buttons one for wifi and other for wifi tether in the notification so for wifi tether we just need to press it. It also has extra settings menu and the dialer has the video call button. I think rest you can just go through the screentshots and you will come to know. And yes it has around 5 lockscreen. Sound is like Anarchy and looks also like Anarchy.

Download Link for the ROM:
A60_ROM_YonipMod_V.5.4.zip

Attachments

• 1 Yonip 5.4.PNG
    1 Yonip 5.4.PNG
    243.9 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0
2nd Carpad 3GS 2.3.6
It is not of A60 but has ported to A60 by gaobin3455 I copy the apps from d data folder and put them in the system/app and had deleted the data and also sd card folder from the ROM zip and make necessary changes in the update script and flashed it to get everything proper as an update and this ROM is basic Stock ROM it has all the features like we have in our Stock ROM but its 2.3.6 and its very fast ROM and also battery is also good and the video calling also works in this ROM but we don’t have a dedicated button for it we need to either soft touch the pic before the contact or else we need to open the contact and there we will have video call option so we can either use the same dialer or else we can shuffle the dialer from the Yonip MOD 5.4 or else from any other A60’s 2.3.6 ROM. The launcher is a basic Launcher but its 3D it also has some different settings like in launcher settings you will get customization for lockscreen and ringtone and many others just go through the screenshots you will come to know everything and haan the lockscreen is the HTC ring one but the ROM is fast. It also has a one touch button to free the Ram for using big apps so I think we can use it to play games. It also has the a button in settings for toggle the 3G i mean to swap the sim for 3G. Sound is like Stock.

Download Link for the ROM:
Carpad 3GS 2.3.6

Attachments

• 1 Carpads 2.3.6.PNG
    1 Carpads 2.3.6.PNG
    167.5 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0
I think we can work on the Stock ROM and get it totally MODDED and also add few things from the Yonip MOD to make it perfect as I am using it since from yesterday and I am satisfied with its speed and battery backup and that to without any MOD or tweak so if we MOD and tweak it it will be the fastest ROM. I have used the Camera fix of Sai as well as my 2.3.5Camera fix to get the camera working properly so we need to use both of them else if the Core developer can just check through the Camera Lib files and make them work properly on our devices as if the Camera is opening in both but either while taking photos I am getting black pics or else front camera rotation or the app is crashing but after I flashed the both camera fix then the camera app is working fine.

So guys I am on the side of the Stock 2.3.6 what you all say let us know.

And I think we must first release the total basic version of the ROM with all the things working and we all can have that on our phones and after that we all can start putting all the other stuff like themeing MODing and we can divide the task and assing to the one who can do the particular task best and he can play with all his skills and get us the perfect and working update and till that timw we can use the basic and the error free ROM and as the update is release the thread OP can update them in the OP under the update section. What you guys say.

Upvote 0
I think every body is sleeping i am late i am sorry guys but may be tomorrow you will read this and then we can finalize the ROM the 2.3.6 is a very fast ROM but its total basic ROM so we need to work on every part of it but still i like it as its baisc and without anything its fast and give better battery life.

Upvote 0
Buddy both have different features but i like the CRT ON and OFF of Yonip 5.4 and the fastness of Carpad either if we can combine both the ROMs and make a Hybrid out of it then it will be great ok will try to combine both the ROMs and see what i get. Just for fun will do this experiment.

umm crt on off shudnt b our primary concern :pi feel :)
bt d scnd rom sux luk wise either we hav to modd all d icons n chng d launcher ! :)
n well yeah go ahead we all will wait fr ur hybrid results :D
hope u turn up with smthng awesome xD

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones