• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Did HTC release the source code??

I've been working on the kernel source for a little bit now, where I have gotten this far now. Not bad for a slow phone, still 1.92 ghz also. Also I was eating while these were running but if you look at the times you should be able to notice they weren't peaks ;)

Screenshot_2012-08-10-04-11-23.png
Screenshot_2012-08-10-04-16-27.png
Screenshot_2012-08-10-04-18-53.png
Screenshot_2012-08-10-04-27-16.png

Upvote 0
2fast4u this is the best news i've heard in a while. im excited to see what you and your team come up with. I'll gladly help test if at all possible. When the camera becomes working i'll make it my daily use one and let you know the small bugs as i come across them with as much details (such as how to recreate the issue).

Yeah it was pretty amazing. The only issues I noticed were the camera wouldn't open and that wimax could not be enabled even by using widget toggles

eta: And I'm not whining or complaining -- I get it gets done when it gets done but I just wanted to bring it up.

Upvote 0
Yeah it was pretty amazing. The only issues I noticed were the camera wouldn't open and that wimax could not be enabled even by using widget toggles

eta: And I'm not whining or complaining -- I get it gets done when it gets done but I just wanted to bring it up.

i honestly dont understand what wimax even is... lol

*EDIT* ignore that. i realize WiMAX is just a fancy way of saying 4G :p.

Upvote 0
Don't have time to make a thread, but new version of kernel can be found here [ICS] Kingdom FastKernel V4 (8/11/2012)

Thanks alot!! Love this Altho My Phone is not stable above 1.92ghz but no problem it still WAY faster then it was with stock kernel!
Wonder if it would be posible to Maybe add a 200mhz setting if possible? To incress battery life even more(dont need the defult setting to that low just setting so can adjust if someone wants)! Also Does the wimax under volt matter when the wimax is disabled? I mean does it always use power even if disabled? If it doesnt then would almost be nice for over volt(slightly) of wimax for improved reception? Or maybe it doesnt work like that I am not sure!
I know I leave 4g off unless I know I am in a area has it, but maybe most people dont do that. But then doesnt make too much since that the voltage to the modem would improve reception, as lest to me I dono.

Awsome work looking forward to more! And it really seams faster even at 1.2ghz so great work!

Upvote 0
You two aren't telling me a thing, when I still haven't a clue what your talking about Adreno is the type of gpu we have where it is the 205 lte is like a 225 or something. So more then likely it can't be put in. Though if I knew what you were talking about I could look at it. Where the only thing I know about gpu with is gpu+.

Reactions: cookiefrog
Upvote 0
That would be the kernel source and get a few people together to make something happen? More like already getting there :p Overclock to 1.8 and undervolt is finished as I am typing this. So um lets see, first 5 to reply back and thank my post gets a link. How ever one thing to add to it, you need to be able to test 4g today.

Be warned I am not sure if wimax will work though, as it isn't building some of the stuff for it at the moment. Which is why I don't want to post it publicly yet.

Edit: Teaser....

Ill just thank you for the hard work, but dont bother sending me the link I cant test 4g anyway I am on the Hero S. By the way what ROM are you running there....LOL

Upvote 0
Thanks alot!! Love this Altho My Phone is not stable above 1.92ghz but no problem it still WAY faster then it was with stock kernel!

I agree. Its awesome! But my phone did freeze for the first time today, on FastKernel v4 with xFuZiionZz. Completely unresponsive, had to take the battery out, kind of freeze. Not sure what the cause is. But what I do know is that I had the governor set to the performance setting, with my minimum at 245 MHz and the maximum at 2016 MHz. It froze after only a couple minutes at those settings while I was taking screenshots of its performance score and stuff, and the temperature climbed high really fast.

Something else though, not sure if its the kernel or the ROM or something else. But occasionally my texts aren't sending. My phone says they're sent, but the other party either doesn't receive the messages, or doesn't receive them for several hours.

Upvote 0
I agree. Its awesome! But my phone did freeze for the first time today, on FastKernel v4 with xFuZiionZz. Completely unresponsive, had to take the battery out, kind of freeze. Not sure what the cause is. But what I do know is that I had the governor set to the performance setting, with my minimum at 245 MHz and the maximum at 2016 MHz. It froze after only a couple minutes at those settings while I was taking screenshots of its performance score and stuff, and the temperature climbed high really fast.

Something else though, not sure if its the kernel or the ROM or something else. But occasionally my texts aren't sending. My phone says they're sent, but the other party either doesn't receive the messages, or doesn't receive them for several hours.

that would be our carrier not rom or kernel

Upvote 0

Your cpu can lock at high frequencies, sometimes it even varies between the same model of phone. Example awhile back grad could not overclock on his device past 1.8 (this was while we where developing IcedSpeed ROM, and testing the various kernels we used), but I could reach 1.9 without an issue, even though we both where on the same device model. High temperatures or a "toasty battery" is normal at high clock tables, especially under prolonged usage. Watch it though you do not want your temps too high....

Upvote 0
Wimax doesn't work in what? If you are talking about aosp take it to a different thread or at least say so. Wimax will likely not work in aosp, I have no intentions of fixing it as I can't test it at all. If sense then I need to look at it, but at this time I have no idea which you mean.

Sorry -- it was on the CM9 ROM. With other de-sensed ROMs I could just get a toggle from the play story and switch it on that way, but the toggles were saying that my phone didn't have 4g capability when I was running that one. l

Upvote 0

Performance setting doesnt use the min mhz just uses the max and stays at it, so not really that good except for benchmarking. Mine seams to be stable at 1.9 but not so much at 2. On demand is still probly the best one of the few we have to use, I have mine change based on battery level using setcpu sofar working great.

Upvote 0
Don't have time to make a thread, but new version of kernel can be found here [ICS] Kingdom FastKernel V4 (8/11/2012)

It could be coincidence, but today I had problems with the bluetooth disconnecting without an apparent reason and my calls to be ended (usually when a call drops from my end, I get a "signal lost" message), again with no apparent reason. That said, how can I return all the voltages, but the CPU, to stock? I know you have some commands on your link, however, I do not know how many mVs undervolted are the other clocks, also I do not know how to change just them (i.e. refer to the WIFI, WiMax etc).

Thanks

Upvote 0
Rally 517 sent me a link to the so called adreno mod that was suppose to be kernel based. How ever it isn't, I also wish people that doesn't have the device nor know what they are talking about would stick to their device. Though doesn't matter when nothing exists there either. No not to you either Rally..

Andreno is the gpu, Rally linked me some new libs that does this and that. How ever our gpu libs were newer then any I had found. The evo lte is able to overclock the gpu via the kernel is the only thing I can think of being talked about by the other person. Which doesn't apply to us.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones