• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Did I just lock my phone?

MB89

Apr 11, 2013
So,
I've acquired another HTC Evo 4G CDMA phone. I've went through all the steps for unlocking and rooting it, (thanks OCN for helping me before). Put MikG 3.11 on it and left it at the set up screen ready for whoever will buy it. I was looking through some things online and checking about if it was possible to flash sprint's Evo to Verizon service... which i guess is possible, sort of... but thats not what this thread is about... I became curious as to what SIMLOCK was in bootloader, so i clicked it, thinking it would have options or something, but instead, it just Simlocked the phone i guess... It doesn't seem to have any locks on it after i did the Simlock feature, but, now when i turn on the phone, it loads up past the MikG set-up screen and goes right into the home screen, as if i have set it up already... and i get a box that pops up saying that I am roaming... if I want to turn on Roaming... Now, it says i have no signal where i did before... I was reading a little bit and didn't quite find the answer to what i just did... What in the hell did i do? It obviously didn't lock any SIM card because the phone is CDMA... But, it seems like something has happened because of that. I am trying to sell this phone as "unlocked, rooted, ready to go at set-up screen"... would re-loading MikG ROM be sufficient? I don't know what this Simlock thing did.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones