• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Did this phone flop?

squall38

Lurker
The Live with Walkman has been out for half a year and this place still isn't too lively.
I don't get why though. Yes, the display is pretty weak but it doesn't seem like there are many phones with a 1 GHz Snapdragon CPU and 512 MB RAM in this price range. And it's going to get ICS, too.

If you bought another phone in the same price class after considering the Live with Walkman, what influenced your decision?

Im happy with the ICS news but most of the people say that screen is too small and also battery life is far too less...... also processor can be increased to 1ghz if we root it...... but nothing can get ICS update..... i rate this phone to be the best at this price range, im only upset with the camera..... i guess sony will satisfy me with a good update for camera in ICS

it is really a decent phone, except for its screen size....

may be people are more attracted towards samsung (for its look, than performance)

In the US at least, the WT16a/i isn't available via carriers. You need to buy the phone unlocked. A shame since its pricing would've made it a great option for prepaid. For postpaid, not so much - not when you can get Samsung Galaxy S2 or similar phones for $0.01 with 2-year contract.

The device was only released last November so it's fairly new and there's not much visibility, either. Frankly, first I heard mention of this phone was today in the Android Lounge sub-forum. Ordered one from Amazon. I think this might make a nice replacement to the parents' LG Thrives. If it does get ICS, then even better. :)

Given the circumstances, I don't think it was destined to be particularly popular but I wouldn't consider it a flop either. :rolleyes:

I think the problem lies with sony ericsson not marketing it properly, not even close to its xperia minis. it has bigger screen than mini and I think it could build alot on the walkman label as well. I didnt even know about this phone, I had gone to a store to check latest price of htc desire s, and when I told the shop guy that this is my range, he showed me this phone, I got to know about it then and bought it the next day.

this phone offers much more than its price suggests, I love its display quality, far better than Ace, decent RAM and good processor, top it with ics upgrade, this phone is simply the best at its price

There is no marketing campaigns for this phone that's why it's not so famous but it's pretty descent phone. I don't think that the screen is weak, it's normal. It's definitely the best in its class (much better than Samsung Galaxy Ace and HTC Wildifre S)!!!

Back
Top Bottom