• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disabled keyguard & the camera button

D

Deleted User

Quick question, just wondering if anyone has run into this:

I use Tasker to disable the keyguard when my Bluetooth headset is paired, the logic being that I don't need a security pattern when I'm listening to music and I want fast access to my controls/music list/etc.

Because Android has security in place to prevent apps from interacting with the pattern lock screen, that appears to be the only way I can defeat the security pattern in a task.

This has the unfortunate side-effect of waking the phone up when the camera button gets pushed, which is really easy to do in your pocket. Consequently, I frequently pull my phone out of my pocket to find the screen on, which depletes battery, but worse, sometimes there has been some interaction and I don't want to be pocket dialing or deleting things.

Anyone know of a way to stop the camera button from being able to wake the phone up, while still retaining its use in the camera app?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones