• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disabling bluetooth headset control with Google Music

sperho

Android Enthusiast
Dec 2, 2011
Eastern TN
I primarily listen to podcasts with BeyondPod in the car. My car autoconnects to my phone (sweet) and immediately, Google Music launches and starts playing music (bitter). Is there any way to disable bluetooth "headset control" for the Music app? Headset Blocker did not work for me. The other apps that I use for media streaming to bluetooth, WinAmp and BeyondPod, both have the ability to enable or disable headset control, but I cannot find this for Google Music.

Help! (thanks)

You are not the only one that's annoyed by it.

I don't think Autostarts is a satisfactory solution either, though, since it will not switch back to Google Music headset control when you start playing something through it, right?

I'm more than a little frustrated at this because it worked perfectly well on my Droid X. Whatever the last music app was had control over the headset. If I played a podcast using BeyondPod, it had control. If I got done with my podcast and loaded up Google Music, it took over.

So... unless there's an integration between Tasker and Autostarts, I'm not sure what the fix is. I haven't poured a lot of effort into finding a solution yet, though, so someone speak up if I'm wrong :D

Reactions: sperho
Upvote 0
I would be far less frustrated by it if Google Music implemented any kind of reasonable podcast controls. But it doesn't, so I have no choice but to use a third party app.

Not that it would be acceptable in any event, but it's even less acceptable when I can't even use built-in functionality to substitute for it.

Upvote 0
Bump. DoggCatcher works.

I had bought DoggCatcher previously, and ironically, ditched it because it DIDN'T work properly with Bluetooth in Gingerbread (when I hit play/pause, it would send the command to both Google Music and DoggCatcher).

So, back to DoggCatcher for me. I always liked the interface a lot better, but the Bluetooth problem was a deal breaker.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones